1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Transformers: Bumblebee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JunkyardDwg, Jun 6, 2018.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

So the second trailer has me even more cautiously optimistic than before. I kind of wasnt sure when I heard "starscream" was actually blitzwing.

I dont know if this is a reboot or not (I sure hope so) but it will really depend on when it takes place. They could make it set in the 90s or something where Hailee then leaves Bee and he goes back and waits for Sam to "find him" and Cena and crew are the people for Sector 7 if its to tie into the Bayformer films.

But I hope its just a whole new reboot and it does include more of actual source material from the cartoon and comics. The G1 designs for Shockwave, Soundwave, Ravage, the seekers (including the Cybertron style jets) and of course Optimus is a huge step forward in the right direction. Why it wasn't obvious until now is beyond me.

I am also looking forward because Knight's Kubo was a really good film so to see what he will do with this is interesting. Can only go up from Bay of course, but its his second film he would be directing so the bar is kind of high.

GRENDEL likes this.
  2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, it's a soft reboot with them setting this one in the 80's......If I was them, I'd ignore the original movies and start fresh......

3. elrond

elrond Member

Gotta say, thought the trailer looked pretty cool.

If you haven't seen it already, check out the netflix toys that made us episode on transformers. Really informative, to me, since I hadn't looked into the history much. What's probably the most amazing is that they basically just took the toys from japan, and had some writers at marvel throw the whole story together.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

The Transformers actually looked like the toys I had back when I was a kid. ****ing-a, make that happen.

I thought about the early Transformers the same I thought about GI Joe...**** didn't look right and...just worthless.

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Some stills, from the trailer, of the classic designs they are using in this film......

I'll spoiler just in case somebody wants to save it for the actual film.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Michael Bay and Marky Mark ruined this franchise for me. And no amount of Memba Berries is gonna fix it.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

SMDH y'all still haven't learned the lesson of not buying the hype for Michael Bay-produced Transformers. They've always had great trailers. Dark of the Moon is one of the GOAT trailers. Don't. Buy. The. Hype.

I'm going to go ahead and pre-emptively say "I told you so" for when you blow $20 on this and realize it sucks.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

heh heh heh the guy who gets D&V says 'blow'....

Haymitch likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shockwave = OG Decepticon

GRENDEL and Xerobull like this.
  10. Xerobull

Soundwave was my first Transformer.

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. The_Yoyo

I picked up the new Target Soundwave Exclusive from the movie. It comes in cool 80s style packaging

12. Xerobull

Ahhh wat?? Link?

13. Buck Turgidson

What was the red/white plane? Soundscream?

That was way, way by far my favorite of the toys.

That was #2. I had the little cassettes, one was a dog, other was a bird, right?

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I just read that Starscream is not in the trailer and the red jet we see is Blitzwing....What? Blitzwing was purple.

15. The_Yoyo

[​IMG]

thats what it looks like but its not officially for sale yet I think it comes out on the 1st but targets at least in the DFW/OK area have been getting them in stock so just need to go ask if one around has it.

The target DPCI number is: 087-06-8176

Ran a search on brickseek and more stores have in stock now (it was 15% when I bought mine last week and its now 68%) and it looks like the Houston area stores all have in stock right now since its not on the shelves. Probably better to try to go get one now and ask to get it brought out from the back because scalpers probably will swoop up once they do hit the shelves.

GRENDEL, Dave2000 and tinman like this.
  16. Xerobull

Ok, so does that come with all of the cassettes? I noticed that they have a bumblebee boom box too.

17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

FYI: In case tickets are still available, Fathom is putting on an event for Transformers the Movie (1986) at many theaters nationwide tomorrow (Thursday 9/27/18) at 7:00pm. Includes behind the scenes of Bumblebee the movie (..meh.....) and free movie poster for the 1986 movie

I got my tickets for me and me eldest son back at the beginning of August and they were nearly sold out at the theater i'm going to

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the-transformers-1986-movie-event

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

For those of you saying the 1986 animated movie was the best, you must have been older than my 7 year old self watching the movie relentlessly kill off the characters that I loved in what can only be described as emotional torture to a young child.

Still a good movie though.

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I had just turned 6 when it was in theaters. Had been watching Gen 1 at that point since I was 4. And yes, the movie hurt when i watched it. But still the best TF movie to date.

But will hold that opinion until Bumblebee comes out since its based on Gen 1. I'm afraid it'll have too much human element to it, whereas the cartoon focused mainly on the robots

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Travis Knight and Laika are involved in this? Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and buy the hype. And what's more, I don't feel Bay's fingerprints on this at all.