1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Soon to be 3D'd in the 2010's. Maybe even add some explosions if Michael Gay is in charge.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Cool. As I wrote in my followup, I wasn't trying to make a damaging claim about that era as much as I was pondering about the circumstances of movie entertainment: who went to theaters, what type of movies were out, what was life like. Can't really think of another movie that got re-released recently other than Star Wars.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Man what an overrated movie. People talking about watching it a 2nd and 3rd time?

wow

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Avatar just did, though because of the 3D thing.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I thought Avatar came out in 3D. You must be thinking about Titanic...and there was some kids movie too that came back.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yes. That's what I meant to type.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i actually liked it and yet still agree with most everything you said. it certainly didn't blow me away and i have no real desire to see it again until tnt or someone has it. some funny lines, some jokes that fell flat, some "why didn't you just use that power the whole time" or "oh, how convenient that you programmed in a way to stop the upstoppable tesseract and there's the thing we need just sitting over there" moments. and the typical invincible enemy army that is incredibly easy to defeat in one on one combat and can't shoot with the one on one fighting stretching on a little too long (though the dragon things were cool). without much depth or emotional impact (imo). it just felt like a transformers that tried harder. i still liked loki and rdj and johansson is hot.

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I think people (fanboys) want to imagine/believe it

as being alot more EPIC than it really is.

It was good, entertainin' ..... but I guess havin' the whole cast together and waiting 4yrs for it .... finally all nutz are bust.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

eh, you don't make that kind of money just off Avengers fanboys.

Reviews were generally very positive and it's doing big numbers every weekend. It's obviously a draw for a lot of different people.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

93% good reviews.