1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] THE AVENGERS: Joss Whedon’s DIRECTOR’S CUT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I know that there's a thread for this, but I figured the news would get buried and since it's so popular here I figured it deserved it's own thread.

Joss Whedon’s Three-Hour THE AVENGERS: DIRECTOR’S CUT Coming To Cinemas In August??

Could the nation’s cinemas be getting a 35-minute-longer “director’s cut” of Joss Whedon’s “Marvel’s The Avengers” this August?

Such a cut is already rumored for a forthcoming Blu-ray release.

Both ComicBook.com and SuperHeroAuthority have a source who says Disney could make it happen ahead of the movie’s expected Blu-ray release this fall.

A three-hour version of the superhero epic might find its way to the big screen in an effort to make “Avengers” the all-time domestic box office champ.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56367

2. Classic

Classic Member

EHH, i'd rent it but pretty cool nonetheless

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Very smart of them. Lots of people would see it again just for the extra stuff.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whedon is gold.......

DD

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, plus it's Disney who loves re-releasing stuff .

6. Xerobull

Honestly, I'd RATHER see this DC in the theater. Action movies just don't measure up unless you have a real home theater.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

As badass as it was in theaters in the number of times I've seen it, I'd probably do this on dvd.

Is the director's cut the one where they have the director commentary throughout the movie?

8. VanityHalfBlack

I wish I had 3 hrs to kill???

9. Xerobull

It's an edit that the director feels better suits the movie. Usually it's longer with scenes that they had to cut due to time constraints/studio interference.

Director Commentary is something you can usually toggle on and off on the DVD.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If it's rated R and involves Black Widow and soapy sponge baths (no dudes, please!), I'm there. THAT would be character development!