1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VIII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/t...d-family-reyunion-in-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

As we discussed on the last episode of “Now, This is Podcasting!“, The birds we once thought could have been convorees are actually being called “porgs” and we think that name is sticking. These are the birds we first reported on that are based on puffins, which are native to the Skellig Michael. They do look a lot like the birds we saw in the animated Star Wars shows; however, these have solid black eyes. The bodies are a soft white with a tinge of grey. On the corner of the head near the eye line, the feathers are orange. Back when we thought they could be the birds we saw in Rebels, people still told us “leave some room open for the animated shows’ interpretation.” Well, they’re called “porgs” and they’re a distant cousin at best. I certainly see why sources thought they could be the same thing but I highly doubt they are now.

In The Last Jedi you will see the baby porgs that have recently hatched. There’s a nest full of them and they’re super realistic and kind of gross looking as fresh hatchlings. In Ireland they filmed some stuff on the side of a cliff with a nest of porgs.

Most of the reports about the creatures we heard revolved around Luke Skywalker. But I have also heard they filmed some fun and rather touching moments between the porgs and Chewbacca. I rather like the idea. Chewbacca’s best friend was killed just the day before and now he’s on this ancient Jedi world communing with the birds and getting back to his Wookiee roots. There’s something beautiful about that.

Speaking of Chewbacca, I’ve also heard that Luke’s journey is rather emotional in The Last Jedi, and there’s a beautiful moment where he is reunited with Chewbacca and Artoo-Detoo. We’re going to see Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, and Artoo together again and then Luke is going to train Rey like Yoda trained him but with his own “spin on it.” I think Luke’s reluctance to train Rey is wholly different than Yoda’s reluctance about Luke being the right candidate. Luke will tell Rey about her true connection to the Force and what it means. It is also Rey that brings this non-blood family together again in the wake of the tragedy of losing Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It really makes you think about how much blood lines don’t matter as much as the families we make.

I’m looking forward to finally seeing these birds on screen and that reunion between Luke Skywalker and some of his oldest friends that have become family to him. It sounds like the world of Ahch-To is going to be amazing and not only are the mystical creatures going to be very interesting but the events that take place there are going to be some of the most memorable from anything in the entire saga. I have faith!

Jontro likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Entertainment Weekly exclusive images:

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

WTF is flying next to Chewie? Nononono.
    Please no space guinea pig!

heypartner likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Holy shitake. Wtf is that

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

But Es cute

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

The b*stard child of an Ewok and a Gungan.

heypartner and B-Bob like this.
  8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

WTF Space nuns?

samtaylor, heypartner and B-Bob like this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yea. they work for the space pope

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I guess Luke was living with the space nuns.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who will be the bigger legend 40 years from now? Rey from Star Wars or Khaleesi from Game of Thrones?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

lulz space nuns for the ftw

13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I am in the minority thinking that episode 7 is the worst of the series, and I am going to have extreme low expectations for episode 8 hoping it at the very least meets those extreme low expectations.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I thought Rogue One sucked and Episode 7 was mediocre but better than episodes 1,2, and 3

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I am fearful this movie is going to suck. It is weird too that there has not been another trailer yet. That Asian chick looks annoying as hell, and she has been annoying as hell in the panel interviews. She might end up being the non-cgi version of Jar Jar.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

All episode 7 did was "punch the right buttons" to show the franchise was in good hands. It was a very cautious, bland offering.

I think they realize it's time to break the mold a little bit and go out on a limb.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mads/Donnie Yen's scenes alone make Rogue One >>>>> Episode 7, which had Rey, Finn & Kylo, the three crappiest characters in the history of Star Wars (Including Jar Jar).

Crossing my fingers that old Luke can bring some acting prowess to a terrible script. (Another reason Rogue One kills Episode 7)

B-Bob, CCity Zero and K mf G like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, episode 7... It was nice to see Lucas not involved like he was in 1-3, but was pretty conservative on the buttons/plot.

Hopefully 8 pushes it, but Star Wars basically prints money so they probably could get away with it for at least a few more movies in the series (unfortunately). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Star Wars though :) and will see 8/9 and the spin-offs, haha

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Rogue One was a lot better.

juicystream and RudyTBag like this.
  20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i disagree, a whole lot of plot holes and inconsistencies. It had a new shine and a few good jokes. I'm worried about Ep. 8.

RudyTBag likes this.