1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars: Boba Fett

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 25, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

'Star Wars': Boba Fett Movie in the Works With James Mangold (Exclusive)
    [​IMG]
    Frazer Harrison/Getty Images; Twentieth Century Fox/Photofest
    James Mangold; 'Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi' (1983)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi, which has Stephen Daldry in negotiations to direct, although no writers are working on a script.

It was rumored that Simon Kinberg, the writer-producer behind the X-Men franchise and films such as The Martian, was working on a Boba Fett movie. While Lucasfilm and Disney won’t make any official confirmation, sources say that Mangold will co-write the script with Kinberg, who will also produce the Boba Fett project. Kinberg and Mangold are close, having worked on Logan, the X-Men spinoff that earned high praise last year.

Boba Fett was introduced in 1980’s Empire Strikes Back and then appeared in 1983’s Return of the Jedi as the mercenary who brings Han Solo to the slug-like crime lord Jabba the Hutt. Despite having a helmet over his face and very limited time onscreen (not to mention a slapstick death), the character, with his jet pack and battle-scarred armor, grew to cult status.

The George Lucas prequels showed Boba Fett's origin as a subplot but more importantly, his escapades were featured in various books, comics, animated series, video games and merchandizing. Jeremy Bulloch inhabited the role in the initial movies.

Details for the Boba Fett storyline are being kept deep in the Sarlacc Pit.

Mangold brought prestige to the superhero genre with Logan, which he co-wrote and directed, and was produced by Kinberg. The X-Men stand-alone featuring Wolverine earned the filmmaker plaudits as well as an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay.

The writer-director, who also counts the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line, the Tom Cruise action movie Knight and Day and the Western 3:10 to Yuma among his credits, is prepping to step behind the camera this summer for a Ford vs. Ferrari drama for Fox. Mangold is repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.

[​IMG]
    READ MORE
    The Essential Thing a 'Boba Fett' Movie Must Get Right

May 24, 6:05 p.m. Updated to reflect that sources are saying Simon Kinberg will co-write and produce the Boba Fett film.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Star Wars: Sarlacc - Blood From a Stone

B-Bob, arkoe and CCorn like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am all in on a Boba Fett movie! Give me the seedy underworld of Star Wars and bounty hunters.

And for a cameo....bring back the BOSSK!

[​IMG]

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

I was in for this one and in for a Ewan McGregor return as Kenobi. Was never in for Solo and never want a Yoda stand a lone.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Basically his fame is from the toy. They miscast his father and the fett in the movies in my opinion, but there's potential here. If they can turn him into the legend we all believe him to be, they will do a good thing. They should re-write his death however as that too was lame.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've always wondered why brehs make such a big deal about him. he seems like any other normal assassin in the originals, then same thing in the prequels. how was he a badass? from the timothy zahn novels?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll take it. The defense need to get back to switching and bending at the knees. But overall, they have come to play and played well.

B-Bob, Jontro and J Sizzle like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

the jedis need to keep up the defense against the sith and assassins in the 3rd quarter

B-Bob likes this.
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

boba is teh best iso hunter in the game.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Not that you're looking for answers, but) After New Hope, basically fans were really starving for any kind of mystique + any villainy badassery. Boba Fett provided that. He didnt even need to be fully developed, just look cool & bad. Fett actually first appeared in the muched bashed SW Christmas special. But again it was enough mystique at the right time. Now you need 8 novels to appease fans for a backstory. But then people didnt need so much. No one else was doing it anyway, so unknown Boba Fett was still unique enough

Caesar, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

makes sense breh, thanks. i think he's lame, maybe cus I'm a millenial. mellenials do nothing right.

Buck Turgidson, Shroopy2 and B-Bob like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be honest I've never gotten the fascination with Boba Fett and I even had one of the early Boba Fett action figures as a kid. I thought the whole storyline with Jango Fett was another stupid part of the prequels and that all of the original storm troopers were basically Boba Fett just brought up differently. I'll give this movie a chance though if Boba Fett is like this:

B-Bob and Yung-T like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

A true fan: so nervous that he posts game takes in a stupid Boba Fett thread... unless you think the Warriors called up Fett from their development team. I hear he can really fly.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

BREAKING: Stars Wars: Sand Person is in the making!

Peter Dinklage said to be in the running as main protagonist.

TheFreak and Bandwagoner like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This sounds like X-Men with Gambit. Huge fan favorite (for no great reason), yet no substance. But for Disney I guess this would have more interest than some of the other stuff they do like Ant Man.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't really get the obsession with Boba Fett. Just another random character to me.

Are they going to make a musical bio-pic about the cantina band next?

TheFreak and B-Bob like this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Two hours of awesome Cantina Band music? Sign me up.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Prior to the prequels, Bobba Fett was an awesome character in the expanded universe of the novels. He didn't die in Return of the Jedi. There was comic or graphic novel or something where someone is pretending to be him that has one of my favorite ending dialogues ever. He was a GREAT character.

The prequels ruined him though. It will be hard to pretend that the prequels didn't exist with any Bobba Fett movie now. Bobba Fett was a snot nosed kid of a clone who wears his daddy's armor, flies his daddy's ship, does his daddy's job, etc. Stupid, so stupid. I wish we could blot out the entire prequel universe.

Caesar likes this.