1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Far from Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Ragnarok was as bad as Dark World, then the Thor property probably stops. But since Ragnarok was so good, I'm sure they'll do a 4th movie.

What's interesting to me is what the next Avengers movie will be (if there's even going to be one after Endgame). If there's no Cap or Iron Man, I wonder if they'll even do another team-up movie, or if it's just solo movies from now on.

seclusion likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man, Avengers mints billions and that's not even tie ins. They can create 5 shitty movies and make it all back with one glorious looking Avengers movie headed by Zach Snyder.

There's so much $$$$ and goodwill involved, you could have RDJ and Cap floating around like Jedi ghosts, all done with CG with the original actors voicing it in and still have a good number of fans buying the idea.

They've been excellent with the super hero puppy mill, and that makes any new Avengers epic when you throw in the comeback of a few beloved dead characters stashed away in a place far far away and costs nothing.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

would it be possible that they just recast some of the characters like they did with the hulk twice? I think tony and cap are an important part of the avengers and killing them off would be awkward. maybe at least just have them back for the avengers movies, no solos needed. however if that doesn't work out, i would be fine with marvel recasting them with lookalikes. nothing too drastic like bana-->norton-->ruffalo or howard-->cheadle, those guys look nothing alike. but fans seem to be ok with it, so why not do it with cap and stark?

blek window and legolas can die tho. they useless.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think you may see the Avengers begin to take a back seat maybe? With the acquisition of Fox, Disney and the MCU now has the entire X-Men line to introduce. There have already been hints that we'll begin to see mutants introduced sooner rather than later.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

You’ll just get the new avengers. Then when they demand too much money, the new new avengers.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think Thor is going to keep going. They just revitalized the franchise, Thor 3 is easily the best Thor movie.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No dude. They're already planning New Avengers, possibly the Young Avengers, (or combining it with New) and Dark Avengers.
    They've definitely already talked about Avengers vs X-men although they obviously wouldn't have anything concrete for that planned yet.

They're doing 3 movies a year right now, and I'm positive if they felt they would maintain the current quality level / make the right amount of money from each they'd do 4.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're not going to recast Stark or Rogers, their roles are iconic. You kray. They recasted those dudes because it was 1 movie in.
    Maybe in another 10 years.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been thinking, with the gems they can turn anyone into a super evolved watcher status. They'd be too powerful for Earth but leaves open the idea they can come back anytime (esp the guy strange sacrificed his life for)

64k def infinity war reboot

#29 Invisible Fan, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I dunno, they have so many stories they can still pull from that I think we won't have to see a reboot of IW for a long time. I'm with you though.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

New trailer.....

B-Bob, mikol13, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I have so many questions i want answered. Mysterio has always been the villain so the trailer showing him as a hero is quite odd. I hope that's not the twist because any spider-man follower casual or expert should be able to figure that out. If it's that straight forward, i'm worried but Marvel was able to pull out some things I didnt' see coming in End Game so I'm hopeful.

I know they've pulled pretty big names before for one time villain roles but Jake feels to me, to be a more long term project. With the new trailer they are definitely pushing the narrative of Spider-man taking over Iron Man's mantle but what if they have Jake take that role temporarily instead. It'd be something new and NOT from the comics. I'd actually like Jake in that role.

Either way I'm excited to see what happens next. I'm thinking there is more details about the multi-verse than just Jake coming from there. Has to be something a lot more to it, otherwise why couldn't they just make Jake's character originate from the same earth. Cameo from Miles Morales? If the the twist is predictable like what I stated above then maybe the cameo spider man team up against Mysterio is the extra twist.

I just don't see how Holland spider-man takes on the Elementals + Mysterio by himself.

13. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Oh man...this looks good!

With all of this Multiverse talk I wonder if that certain Captain that Peggy Carter name-dropped in Endgame will be showing up in the MCU soon.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My prediction: It's all a con.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s British? Woh

BigM likes this.
  16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is that it's a con that Mysterio wants to be famous, but he's not evil in the sense that he wants to rule, cause pain, etc. Vicious villains show up. Mysterio runs to Spider-Man and comes clean about faking being a super hero. Spider-Man gives him the Hawkeye-to-SW "it's okay to stay here, but if you go out there you are an Avenger" speech. Mysterio and Spider-Man defeat vicious villains. Along the way, Spider-Man kisses MJ and Disney makes a billion dollars.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

My understanding is Mysterio in the comics initially portrayed himself as a hero who would manufacture crises in order to save the day. I wouldn't be surprised to a twist like that especially if they angle it where Spidey starts out the movie viewing Mysterio as a new mentor to seek guidance from only to find out the truth he's a fraud. You know..create drama.

mrm32 and mikol13 like this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nah. Mysterio is a bad dude (in the comics). He tricked Wolverine into killing the X-Men in the Old Man Logan comic. Of course, The Mandarin was Iron Man's arch-enemy in the comics and ended up being a stupid actor in the movies. Might be the worst Marvel Movie retcon so far.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read something at one point about the "real" Mandrin still being on the table for the MCU.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They established in the film that the real mandarin exists and wasn't happy about the poser .

Now that Iron Man is out of the picture I don't think we'll see him though.