1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie screening] any Angry Video Game Nerd fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htwnbandit, Jun 11, 2014.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

http://cinemassacre.com/2014/06/09/avgn-movie-the-big-update/

After about 5 years of being in the works the Angry Video game nerd movie is finally done and will be screening at several places in the US, including the River Oaks Theater on August 7th. I'm pretty much going, anyone else here a fan of James?

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I wanna say I've been watching AVGN since the Ninja Turtles episode which I believe was Ep. 5. Been a loyal watcher ever since.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

#TeamNostalgiaCritic

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And what is this?

5. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

The movie looks kind of cheesy, but since his episodes are really entertaining, I'll watch it

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I used to watch when it was Angry Nintendo Nerd. What is the movie even about?

7. SuraGotMadHops

An AVGN film? I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I believe it centers on the Nerd searching for the dumping ground of the ET Atari game. And wacky hijinks ensue.

Kind of sucks for him that they did end up finding and digging up those cartridges before he could release the movie.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I hate when people call that a myth. Atari CONFIRMED it back 30 years ago! Eh ignorance is bliss I guess :p

The movie does look real cheesy but hey I've followed his videos for basically 7 years now, and they've of course all been free so $16 to see the movie (at a historic theater no less) too me is perfectly cool.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This will suck like that Tucker Max film.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'll wait for the online release

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

We really shouldn't glorify videos games or video game culture. It is an anathema on the American spirit of hard work.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

Who...?

14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What...?

15. BleedsRocketRed

Been a long time fan of all of James' work since he restarted the AVGN series. Not a fan of Mike though, something about him just bugs me.

James though is everything right with amateur video making. Watching him grow into what he's become is truly inspiring. You all should check out his personal stories on his site. Its pretty awesome stuff.

Anything AVGN or James related I support. I bought multiple things from him, and sent multiple donations. I met him on once in 2012 and he's just as awesome in person as he is on his videos.

16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Are you referring to the video titled Cinemassacre 300? I agree, a really cool story.