1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] James Bond 25 (Daniel Craig & Cary Fukunaga)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 25, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

James Bond 25 gets Cary Joji Fukunaga as director! Now with Release Date!
    Published at: Sept. 20, 2018, 8:02 a.m. CST by Precious Roy

[​IMG]

Hey folks, Deadline Hollywood brings word that the James Bond producers have hired Cary Joji Fukunaga as director!

Fukunaga, known for BEASTS OF NO NATION and "True Detective" should make for a great outing for Bond. Despite making the deal, the as-yet-untitled 25th James Bond film will not attempt to hold its 2019 release date, as star Daniel Craig has already committed to filming KNIVES OUT this November for Rian Johnson. Production will likely begin early next year.

UPDATED: Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig announced today that #Bond25 will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March 2019 under the helm of director, Cary Joji Fukunaga with a worldwide release date of 14 February 2020.

#1 Xerobull, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. Fantasma Negro

If Danny Boyle is directing/writing I know the music will be intense and the story will be deep, I am excite!!!

Jontro likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

could this be daniel craig's last bond? i hope they give it a fitting end, like bond dies or something super dramatic happens that there is no other way that he retires and becomes an elementary teacher.

then the world can start the search for a new bond. maybe some up and coming young actor, so he could play the character for like 2 decades.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he hasn't done as many movies, but assuming this comes out in 2019 that would be 13 or 14 years of craig as bond. connery had about 10 years (plus never say never again) and roger moore had about 12.

i hated spectre so im glad he is coming back and hopefully will redeem his tenure. tying the other three films into that one really pissed me off. imo, it takes away from the other movies. none of those bad guys were important...just tools of the puppet master.

i got into this podcast recently called "how did this get made"...its with two dudes from the league and a chick that they never let talk. there was one episode where the SHREDDED a view to a kill and roger moore for two hours. that movie came out when i was 10 and it was my favorite as a kid, but this was cracking me up. they were pretty spot on with their critiques.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-view-to-a-kill-live/

Jontro likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

breh, I thought Craig was long gone, but here we go, he pops up agaiiiiin.

Jontro likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Craig wanted out after the last Bond. They must have offered some serious cha-ching / dough-re-mi.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Badass...

Jontro likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

He's too old to be Bond but would make a fantastic villain

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's 45 years old, how is he too old?

10. Fantasma Negro

He's 45 turning 46 this year with grey hair. Craig is signed on for three more films, even if the last one is a cameo or with him dying as I've been hearing, with the rate of film time of these movies we won't see a new bond for at least 5-6 years. By that time Elba will be 50-51 which is how old Craig is now. Its a shame John Boyega is so short otherwise I say they should start grooming him for the role but he needs more seasoning

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If Denzel Washington is still able to pull off action movies such as "The Equalizer", I dont think Eldris should have a problem playing 007. He would be fantastic in the role. He has the rugged, classy look, on top of being a great actor.

Boyega isnt good in anything and would definitely not be good as Bond.

Jontro and OmegaSupreme like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In a vacuum Eldris can play Bond. But yeah, his age is an issue. Not for a single movie, but signing on, you are going to want a 3-4 movie deal. So that could be 10 years worth of time. Generally, they look to cast someone in their mid 30's.

I don't know if he has the acting chops for it, but Henry Cavill certainly looks the part. He tried out when Craig got the role but they said Cavill was too young at the time.

I've gotten cooler on Craig as the series has gone on. A bit too Bourne-y for me. I miss the delight and charm that Bond used to exude.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He just needs to worry about a sequel for "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

Rizzy likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

I think it ends up being Cavill but I think it would be dope to see Elba for the villain. His range is incredible but he no longer has the late thirties- early forties look that the Bond character usually begins their series with. That makes him a great villain, he looks weathered, aged, in a distinguished was but old nonetheless. I'm not a writer but the rogue agent thing has been done to death, maybe a new age Mr. Big. If its written well then obviously there'd be a sequel, he could be the one to kill Craig's 007 and usher in Cavill. Just spitballing...

Jontro likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

All they have to do is shave Idris Elbas beard and smear computer de-aging gunk all over his face. He's got the right accent and is tall enough. I'm tired of midget 007

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am all here for having a quality villain. That should be a priority.

I never saw Man from U.N.C.L.E. How did Cavill do in that role?

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Roger Moore started as Bond at age 45. It can be done.

It would veer from Fleming's original idea of Bond; don't know why Elba can't play, say, 006.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He was way too old at the end. It was a joke.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Idris Elba can do it. I honestly hope he does, he's badass in his own right, and honestly doesn't need Bond, but he'd be a hell of a lot more intimidating than some of these other Bonds (even at his current age).

On a side note, I can't wait for the Luther series to return, I'm a huge fan of Elba.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Cavill looks the part but he’s fairly wooden in his acting. Can’t think of anyone better though.