1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Halloween Kills

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 8, 2020.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The first footage from “Halloween Kills,” the upcoming sequel to 2018’s revival of the horror franchise, has arrived in the form of a very short but memorable teaser. The clip shows off a scene from the opening minute which picks up right after the events of the previous film.

John Carpenter recently spoke with Indiewire about the movie saying the film’s cut completed and just a last bunch of sound mixing to be done in the next week or so and it’s in the can.

He also talked up the film’s scale: “It’s fun, intense and brutal, a slasher movie times one hundred, big time. It’s huge. I’ve never seen anything like this: the kill count.”

That’s the good news. The bad news is that earlier this morning Universal delayed the film a full yesr, pushing it back from October this year to October 2021. Both Carpenter and the film’s director David Gordon Green have penned a letter talking about the delay:

“We write this to you heartbroken over the fact that the delay of our film is even a discussion, but if there’s one thing that a career in the film industry has prepared us for, it is the unexpected.

Over the past few weeks, our film family has looked at the forecast of theatrical exhibition with obvious concern. We have discussed and struggled with how best to present “Halloween Kills” to the loyal fans around the world, as well as the new audience we hope to invite to this experience.

It was a wild and vibrant production. We lined up a cast of legacy characters like Laurie and Tommy, Lindsey, Lonnie, Marion, Brackett and The Shape, then alongside some new faces, we aggressively made the second chapter of our “Halloween” trilogy. It unfolded into an experience that was a creative playground and we feel confident that our misfit pleasures will be seen as an unexpected entry into this franchise.

If we release it in October of this year as planned, we have to face the reality that the film would be consumed in a compromised theatrical experience. After weighing our options, we have chosen to push the film’s theatrical release by one year.

On top of a traditional release, Universal has agreed to an IMAX presentation of the film in October 2021. We are sound mixing with one of the greatest design teams that can slash, scream and creep their way under your skin.

We’re going to have time to complete the film with the quality that fans deserve. And preparation on “Halloween Ends” has begun as well. It is an honor to be working with these characters and spending time in Haddonfield. We look forward to sharing our next chapters with you.

“Halloween Ends,” the third film of the new batch, hasn’t shot yet and was meant to open October 15th 2021. “Halloween Kills” has now taken over its old date while ‘Ends’ has moved to October 14th 2022.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/teaser-trailer-halloween-kills/

TimDuncanDonaut and Xerobull like this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

first one was pretty good. I liked the twist where Jamie Lee Curtis was the insane person. Not coming out in theater probably though.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I thought Machete Kills?

4. GRENDEL

It was coming out this year but it's been pushed back to October 2021....

5. GRENDEL

Full Trailer is out and I think it looks pretty damn good.....

[​IMG]

Tommyboy, VanityHalfBlack and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Although, like most trailers, too much is revealed, I will see this movie. Oh, yes. I will see this movie.

Wood has been popped.

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Is this the cross-over movie with The Fast and The Furious?

B-Bob and GRENDEL like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wish they would make a really really good nightmare on elm street movie

9. GRENDEL

Of course, the only thing that can stop the boogyman is family......

boomboom likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Are they going to explore the multiverse?

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you look at the total amount of sugar consumed during one 24 hour period Halloween really does kill.

Xerobull and Caesar like this.
  12. GRENDEL

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

Wait a sec? When can Micheal Myers beat up firefighters? Oh hell nah, it's going too far!!!

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Seriously, it's getting kind of ridiculous. They could have formed a huge mob several movies ago, tackled him holding him down, quartered the motherf*cker, chopped off his head putting it on a spike, and paraded his dismembered body around town. It isn't until now that a mob is finally forming. lol. I guess they are scared of that mask. It's pretty hard to be invincible when you are dismembered...unless he grows new limbs. Heck, a mob wouldn't even have to take him down. In the early films, when Michael takes a big stab of a knife or axe wound or several rounds...he goes down for a minute or two. That is when you have a couple of people come in with the chainsaw and cut him up. What's he going to do then? ;)

I know...this is a continuation from the first film while we ignore everything except these last three new ones. Just saying that they should cut the SOB up. It's the only way to be sure. But, I guess this mob isn't going to get it done as there is another film after this new one. At least they show a firefighter with a powered saw trying to do the job. But, it's a one-on-one scenario. Not good.

If Laurie Strode thought she was being so meticulous in her planning to lock and burn Michael in the cellar, then she should have had tanks full of gasoline that she released into the cellar instead of waiting for a house to burn down. And, we're supposed to believe she didn't stick around to ensure it all burned down and the firefighters didn't stop it? Come on, man!

Sure, we will suspend our disbelief so you can make more films. Mmmkay!

#14 Surfguy, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!