1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "Ghostbusters" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Jan 27, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People are too sensitive about gender and gender equality

I would recommend CGI characterss without sex

2. supdudes

supdudes Member

This movie is quite sexist.

No male ghostbuster. Male bimbo secretary. Vilifying men left and right (the mayor for example). Shooting the ghost in the balls. The penultimate ghost tech being the "nut cracker."

The director accusing those who dislike the movie misogynist. Him stating that women are funnier than men.

It just bashes and bashes like Brad Pitt on Jared Leto...

Where is the equality?

In the words of the true Himbo Justin Trudeau. "It is 2016"

1 person likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

But... but... Japan! What about Japan?

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ghostbusters?src=hash">#Ghostbusters</a> heading for $70M-plus loss, sequel unlikely <a href="https://t.co/4b3BcOtQSt">https://t.co/4b3BcOtQSt</a> <a href="https://t.co/6aDwEeofqK">pic.twitter.com/6aDwEeofqK</a></p>&mdash; Hollywood Reporter (@THR) <a href="https://twitter.com/THR/status/763344206861574145">August 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. bigben69

bigben69 Member

The movie just was not that good. The more time goes by, the more i realize how forgettable it really was. It was ok at times but should have had a stronger script with a better villain. I am still amazed that it got such good reviews. Kate Mckinnon's character in the movie was one of the worst I have seen in a film in a while but you either love it or hate it. I get it.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

movie industry accounting is always screwy. I suspect they'll make money on this or come close by the time it gets filtered through dvds (is that still a thing?) netflix, promo links etc. plus a revenue bump for the orig Ghostbusters.

If $300m box office was the breakeven, they were way too ambitious. Not many films hit that. My somewhat educated guess is that the box office is disappointing, but not disastrous and that the actual net costs were lower and revenue will be higher than what's projected here.

I thought the movie itself was OK for what it was. I've seen much worse sequels.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Watched it on a flight weekend before last. Had no problem with the casting direction or the decision to reboot. The movie simply wasn't funny, or interesting. Not least because it's been done before, I'm sure. I don't recommend paying to see it.

8. CometsWin

heh I'll be having a celebratory beverage tonight.

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Why root for anyone's failure?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Their failure might lead to better movies in the future. When Hollywood attempts to force garbage down everyone's throat, they should fail.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Considering the developer of the game to go along with the movie filed for bankruptcy three days after it's release, the Ghostbusters license isn't really worth much. Your logic is kinda like local r****d jef rouner of the houston press:

when he equated a movie that made 2.1 billion off a 245 million production budget to one that lost money. The ghostbusters license is a financial loser outside of possibly cartoons.

12. Bandwagoner

The people who made this didn't really want to and showed open contempt for the fans. The only way reboots stop happening is if people stop paying to see them.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It had plenty of female fans. They just spent too much on it.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Eff that... I still say live and let live. My life was not at all effected by the success or failure of this or any other film.

15. CometsWin

So we don't see any more female empowerment political reboots of classic movie franchises that I've loved since I was a kid. I don't mind political statement movies but don't leech on to great old films to do it.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    I did not see anything in that movie to justify a 100+ Mill Budget

Rocket River

17. Bandwagoner

Paul Feig got 10 million. melissa mcarthy got more than that probably double. I'm sure ernie hudson got at least 350 bucks.

By fans I meant fans of the original movie. MM and paul fig made it for the $$$ but resented the fans.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm going to support this movie by torrenting it... maybe next year if I'm bored.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can see 20~40 million going to 'Talent'

Rocket River