1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Chronicles of Riddick: Furia (Plus Bonus! TV spinoff!)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Vin Diesel Announces Next Riddick Sequel and a TV Spin-Off!

[​IMG]

Vin Diesel announces the next chapter in the Riddick franchise

Last year, Vin Diesel revealed that there was already interest about another chapter in the fan-favorite “Riddick” franchise, but since then there has been little talk of when or what the next chronicle would be. Now, Diesel has taken to Instagram to announce not only the next film but also a spin-off television series.

“Last night our company had a party to launch our TV division,” Diesel writes. “MERC CITY is a show that will follow the Mercs and Bounty Hunters of the Riddick Universe. Next Month, DT begins writing the next Chapter in the Chronicles of Riddick… FURIA.”

“DT” of course is filmmaker David Twohy, who has written and directed all three of the “Riddick” films – 2000’s Pitch Black, 2004’s The Chronicles of Riddick, and 2013’s Riddick. Twohy has also written the two animated Riddick shorts, The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury and Riddick: Blindsided.

Despite only moderate success at the box office, the “Riddick” series has developed a bit of a cult following since its debut. The three films in the “Riddick” series have grossed a combined total of $267 million at the worldwide box office. The sci-fi franchise has also featured other noted fan favorites in supporting roles, including Keith David (The Thing, “Community), Karl Urban (Star Trek, Dredd), Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Galactica”), and Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy, SPECTRE).

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The man can Milk a Series

I don't blame him . . . .

Rocket River

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Is it milking it if there have only been 2 sequels so far in the span of 15 years?

I'm down for this. Chronicles really did suck but, Riddick brought back the elements that made the first a success and was definitely pleased with it. This is a universe that does best when the story is small in scope, so hopefully they keep it simple.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ I may be in the minority but I actually enjoyed Chronicles!

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

You know I did when I first watched it way back. But after that first time, I saw a lot of cracks in it. Still I'd probably watch it for the prison escape alone. That was an awesome scene, and I wish the rest of movie was more like it instead of focusing on the Underverse and Necromongers.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Considering most movies rarely get sequels much less two
    One can see it that way . . .esp considering it is getting another one
    and a tv series

Considering he is looking into a Fast and Furious 8
    I don't think my characterization is too far off

Rocket River

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have no clue if you are in the minority or not but if you are, so am I.

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Pitch Black was great

9. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

All Riddick movies were great. I will watch all of these when it comes out.