1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ben Affleck's Batman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

BEN AFFLECK TO DIRECT AND STAR IN A BATMAN SOLO MOVIE

[​IMG]

In the same year in which Marvel Studios decided not to hold their own event at San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros and DC Comics are doing very much the opposite, with plenty expected to be unveiled tomorrow (Saturday) in Hall H. As happens almost every year, however, some of the event's biggest revelations were actually announced in advance, including this week's biggest superhero movie news. As has long been anticipated (in the "well, duh" category), Ben Affleck is now signed to cowrite, direct, and star in a solo Batman movie, following up after next year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Affleck's cowriter on the project will be Geoff Johns, who is DC Comics' chief creative officer, and frequent writer on such titles as Justice League, Batman, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Superman. Affleck and Johns are expected to finish the script this summer before Affleck starts filming his long-in-the-works adaptation of Dennis Lehane's Live by Night (also for Warner Bros), after which the Batman solo movie will then be Affleck's next film. The story is expected to be set after Justice League Part One, which is scheduled for release on November 17, 2017.

The solo Batman movie doesn't have a release date yet.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

What part will Matt Damon get?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Robin

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

fluffer.

5. VanityHalfBlack

This is going to be the one I'm most hyped about. All Affleck's movie revolves around crime for some reason and the Gotham universe is perfect for Affleck's wheel houuuuuuusssee!!!!

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As shocked as I am by the fact, Affleck has become one of the better directors around. I liked Argo and The Town, and I loved Gone Baby Gone.

I assume they are gonna use some really good comic material from the looks of the BvS trailer. This has the potential to be great.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Affleck the Director is elite. Affleck the superhero is meh.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yes, everyone is pro Affleck here!!! Clutchfans rock!!!

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I HATE BEN AFFLECK!

[​IMG]

10. VanityHalfBlack

hahahahha!

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Remember when Matt Damon was considered the brains in that outfit?

13. Convictedstupid

Gone Baby Gone and The Town are incredible movies. Really looking forward to this

14. MystikArkitect

And Argo.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You might like Casey Affleck, or hate his entire clan.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think he's still the talent, Affleck was anointed early on: I'm still surprised neither he nor Fraser did a superhero flick in the late '90s. The Lopez engagement really messed him up or just shed a light on his bad habits, at the same time Damon was spitting hot fire between Ripley, Rounders and Bourne.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you mean Damon had never done a superhero flick or are you force forgetting Daredevil? Also Fraser had the Mummy series which tried to be the next big summer franchise.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Seeing how Wayne manor is already destroyed in Dawn of Justice, I'm guessing these solo Batflicks will take place before DoJ?

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

We'll see how he does in the new Superman v Batman movie but problem I have with Ben is he's already too well known for other roles in movies and already played daredevil.

20. axstar713

axstar713 Member

I watched the trailer for the upcoming Superman vs Batman film - was kind of torn as to if I'd watch it when it came out but now my interest has been piqued and I'll check it out when it comes out. The casting still has me shaking my head, though - not an Affleck fan and not sure if Jesse Eisneberg was the right choice for Lex Luthor....