1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Annihilation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 23, 2018.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Pretty selfish bruh. Alot of rockets fan waiting for a championship and only one of you to have sex with Natalie :mad:

Invisible Fan and peleincubus like this.
  2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Her in Thor Ragnarok and Zazie Beetz in the new Deadpool :cool:

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. droxford

droxford Member

I'd give it a 6/10. My review is below.

I agree - having a team of all-women meant nothing. It felt forced, like they were trying to appeal to a feminine or feminist audience (which is the trend right now). If there had been some kind of logical reason for the all-female team, it wouldn't have felt forced.

It's a good story, but it felt like an hour of story in a two-hour movie. Consequently, it felt too slow at times. It intends to do this to build a feeling and texture to the movie, which I usually like, but this one was just a little too slow-moving. Would have been a good episode of X-files

The whole "we dont know what's in there" thing was stupid. Why didn't they roll a long, shielded cable across the threshold and send video/data through the cable? Wouldnt' they have had a team of soldiers cross the threshold by ten feet, take some readings, and then come right back?

It makes sense to send Portman in there, considering she has military background, but what about the others? They're putting automatic rifles in the hands of the others even though they don't have military backgrounds?

Trailers made it look like a horror movie, and the inclusion of the gator and bear seem like they're trying to make it a horror movie, but it's really a sci-fi suspense movie. They shouldn't have marketed it as a horror movie.

I like the ending. Basically, Portman's husband wasn't really her husband - it was a duplicate. It started out mutated and then morphed toward being a human... and Portman started as a human, but her exposure to the shimmer morphed her toward being mutated. So, it's like they're kinda the same in the end, which is why they hugged.

I've seen others' review and comparison to cancer. I didn't get any "cancer" connection from the movie (note: my wife is a cancer survivor).

Not a bad movie... pretty good....but not great. Not worth the full price of a trip to the movie theater, but worth a view from Netflix.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just got a chance to watch this movie. I quite enjoyed it. I would have liked to see more mutations and creatures in The Shimmer world. But otherwise it was quite good. I thought Portman was excellent.

I also liked Arrival. Wish there were more of these kinds of Sci-Fi movies. Getting burn out on Comic Book movies so these are a nice change of pace.

Rocket River and Reeko like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just watched this free on YouTube. Weird.

GRENDEL likes this.