1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I need him to play when the season starts. I don't want to go into a season without a goofy white guy to hate. He has big shoes to fill following Anderson and Miller.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Solid comparisons. At worst he will be David Anderson at best case he can be Brad Miller. All this time, I thought it was Aldeman who had a crush on "no inside game/shooting from the perimeter/soft useless bigs". But I guess its Morey.

Im gonna start hating on him real soon unless he gets us a 7 foot version of Chuck Hayes right NOW. I dont care that theres a lock out, get us one NOW cause you were supposed to get us one yesterday. Please no more "no inside game/shooting from the perimeter/soft useless bigs". Please!!!!

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

this would be great if he turns out to at least be a bargnanni type of player.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm saying Scalabrine

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

He's going to be the black Joe Johnson.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Caucasian Yi.

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Motiejunas plays nothing like Bargnani, Scalabrine, Yi, David Andersen or Brad Miller.

Anybody who says so has never seen him play.

His ceiling is Toni Kukoc/Lamar Odom with a better post game. He may never get there, but that's how he plays like.

The only reason OHMSS brought up David Andersen is because both Andersen and Motiejunas are considered soft, though I'd like to think that Motiejunas has somewhat improved in the area.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

If he turns out to be a perimeter center, I would be upset with Morey.

I expect some emotional fouls when he plays due to his physicality. Maybe Chuck can teach him. Where is working? He's not with the Rockets anymore, right? Do we have anyone associated with the team that can teach him how to do dirty work?

Nevermind, I forgot who our coach was.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think it's absolutely fine if D-Mo is a perimeter oriented center.

He can always work his way towards the post. A center who can shoot from the outside is luxury, but if he develops a post game he becomes a matchup nightmare.

That being said he probably wouldn't even play center.

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Who would have thought that 2011 would be the year that a relatively unknown European rookie would make more money on the court than Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James combined?

11. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I hate to burst your bubble, but he's definitely not as good as David Andersen is at this time.

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He's not a center, and should never be used as one. He's a power forward.

13. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

He already much better than Ando! Yep, I know my Aussies better than you mate!

14. HMMMHMM

Highlights from D-Mo's last game:
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9kPEU6pxUwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Next game tomorrow at 2:00 PM ET vs. Siena featuring no other than David Andersen. Also Bo McCalebb. Should be a good one if Prokom can keep it close, which is doubtful. Still a good test for D-Mo though.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Obviously you don't know it at all. Motiejunas would not even see the court on Siena.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Wow D-Mo looked really good running that break at 1:16..... again the key with him is actually harnessing his huge potential.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

nice powerslam @ 3:54

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

D-Mo's team seems to be located in a sparsely populated region of Europe.

20. HMMMHMM

Yeah, he sure did, yet some people still seem to have the illusion that he's a center.
    Granted, one doesn't necessarily preclude the other, but that sure doesn't look like a center to me.

I wasn't too high on Motiejunas going into the draft, but I think he's progressively looked better this season. Certainly better than last year.
    He's obviously still got ways to go, but sky's the limit for the guy.

I put together a few more clips from some previous games. Nothing special, just a few highlights:
    <object width="768" height="432" class="BLOGGER-youtube-video" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" data-thumbnail-src="http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vEmI5i9bRjQ/0.jpg"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEmI5i9bRjQ?hd=1" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
    <embed width="768" height="432" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEmI5i9bRjQ?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object></div>