1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Potential / Promising Future?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, May 6, 2011.

?

Which young Rockets do you believe have the most potential / promising future?

1. Patrick Patterson

75.5%
  2. Jordan Hill

6.0%
  3. Kyle Lowry

41.1%
  4. Courtney Lee

19.2%
  5. Terrence Williams

16.6%
  6. Goran Dragic

15.2%
  7. Hasheem Thabeet

10.6%
  8. Chase Budinger

10.6%
  9. The CHUCKWAGON

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Just for Fun...

I saw this on The Dream Shake site and would like to see what Clutchfans thinks about wich young gun has the greatest potential / Promising Future:

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2011/4/29/2143060/the-dream-shake-awards-most-promising-future

I have included their poll results so far....
    Please feel free to leave comments to explain why you believe the player you voted for will have a promising future,
    Who you think do not have a promising future,
    ...and who gets the Brian Cook Award.:grin::grin:

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

TWILL HA.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They are absolutely right about Pats!! Wow 474 votes and no other player has 100 yet!

4. Braga

Braga Rookie

brad miller

5. IzakDavid13

For what it's worth, my 2 cents:
    Patrick Patterson: A stud. Can do it all, has all the physical tools to be an All-Star some day. Beautiful jumpshot to go along with his athleticism.

Jordan Hill: All the physical tools and athleticism, if used correctly will be a solid pro.

Kyle Lowry: What a second half of the season! Was it a one off or a sign of things to come? I hope for our sake that it was a sign of things too come, if is was then Kyle could become a top 5 to 10 point guard.

Courtney Lee: Another physical specimen that has all star potential. Awesome wing man, borderline all-star, if he can get the minutes.

Terrence Williams: The most talent ( apparently) of the bunch, could become very good to great or become Harold Miner.

Goran Dragic: The man has game and an aggressive streak, what is not to like, except for his streaky shooting.

Hasheem Thabeet: I love big guys. Remember Gheorge Muresan? If we can get that sort of production out of Thabeet I'll be glad, but I do expect a lot more. From what I've seen & heard he can block shots, runs the court and can score in the post. Has to learn to keep out of foul trouble, and work on his strength.

I love this game, and I love this team....read my sig...:grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. Htown's2kFinest

Potential to improve the most between now and the end of next season: Courtney Lee. I can see him breaking out and being a 17ppg player with his already strong defense BUT only if Martin goes down for a long stretch(hopefully not).

Most Potential: Twill. Only player on the team with elite athleticism and the skills to put the ball on the floor and find a player for an assist or score it himself. Thabeet with his size and rare shot blocking abilities would be second. Could see him easily being a top 5 shot blocker if he ever gets real PT.

Most Promising Future: Kyle Lowry. Already top level D. The way he was playing post all-star break, he could be one of the best PGs in the league IF he stays consistent.

7. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

I think that it's too early to tell. Have a new coach coming in and it depends on how that coach develops players.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. Roxs-Redemption

10. gah

gah Member

Most potential and promising future are different things

11. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Be that as it may, I voted for Goran as the one with the promising future. Most potential? If that 7'3 frame would be utilized...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's going to depend a lot on roster changes. Dragic could be a lot better next year -- if Lowry is traded. Lee could up his game a lot -- if Martin is traded.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dragic and Lee starting would equal concrete evidence of mass destruction... This would ensure maximum ping pong ball ratio for next 2-3 years.....

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patrick, simply because he has so much room to improve.

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Has Kyle Lowry peaked?

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'm not sure he can play better than he did this season! i mean... he was AWESOME!

kinda the same with courtney lee, im not sure i see him getting much better...

i voted PP and dragic. those two have far from peaked and have plenty of room to reach their potential.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, but he probably has less room to improve than Patterson, for obvious reasons.

"Most potential to improve" and "most promising future" are two completely different questions.

I'd say Kyle Lowry has the most promising future. He'll be a long term starter and a potential All-Star. Patterson has the most potential to improve. He is a bench player who could blossom into a very good starter.

19. IzakDavid13

Karl Malone aka: The Mailman that didn't deliver, is not welcome here.

However I agree The Sasquatch is A BEAST!