1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most embarrassing loss in the Harden Era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 25, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Spurs game 5 and 6 was the last time I trusted Harden. People act as if you can't root for someone but also think they will let you down.

Texanstradamus and J Sizzle like this.
  2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Still can't beat the Warriors. Jesus.

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Minor setback, major comeback.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Well just a reminder that Steve Francis took off the Super Bowl weekend one year. We matter enough to play on Christmas Day. Harden is once in generation player and wears our jersey. It’s a shame we played the way we did. Please step down from the gallows and enjoy your family and friends it’s Christmas. —> prospective goes a long way in life.

Patience likes this.
  5. JackLordsHair66

Tonight was shitty bad just awful bad ! Not as bad as the losses stated above but for this season no question it was the worst because we simply looked awful on both sides of the ball again as usual against a bunch of scrubs and DG, no excuse this was a pitiful loss !!!

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This game is a perfect example of why you can’t just check off bad teams as automatic wins...no matter how bad teams are, they’re talented as hell in the NBA. If you go in there thinking you have an automatic win without having to out work them you’re setting yourself up for a loss...Mike D is a lot like BOB in this respect...you gotta face every team like you’re facing the best team in the league at full strength...every...freaking...time. That’s the only way you’re going to consistently get your team to perform. But it’s tough when you’re trying to convince a bunch of multi-millionaires that go back to their mansions and 100k cars, and endless bimbos and blowjobs (yes thank you “The Hard Way”).

bro2044 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Absolutely. One thing to lose, another to give up which is what happened Game 6.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Losing to New Orleans at home without Davis last season was worse.

Patience likes this.
  9. Theking

Theking Member

Nobody is forcing you

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Regular season games don't mean much to me.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh, I only care about this loss due to seeding purposes...I care far more about how they perform against the good-great teams...the type of teams we’ll be seeing in the playoffs

just win against the Sixers on the 3rd

francis 4 prez likes this.
  12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts!

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Agree with @J Sizzle.

At the beginning of the fourth when we were fouling like crazy to put them into the penalty after 3 minutes, I was thinking this might just be the worst regular season loss I've ever seen of the Rockets with D'Antoni at least.

The complete lack of coaching by D'Antoni was inexcusable.

Leaving Westbrook in for so long in the third quarter when he was in the midst of his horror play was inexcusable.

Letting Kerr slap him across the face possession after possession after possession with his...... was inexcusable.

D'Antoni is a f*cking joke.

I wish I could fast forward to next season so I could go into a game thinking - hey, we might have a coach who can draw one simple play.

What's the odds on a third straight head coach hire having no idea what to do on offensive except herp derp GiVe Da BaL tO JaMez HeHe

joshuaao, ballhandling and J Sizzle like this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I will never class that loss in game 6 as embarrassing. They still had 3 all-stars out there to carry the load. Of course losing KD will hurt you, but they could still win comfortably without him.

But yeah, this is by far one of the worst losses in recent times for Harden. He had 24 points, 11 assists, shot efficiently, and he only had 1 free throw all game. Pretty amazing considering he was getting double teamed from half court for most of the game. His teammates and his coach let him down big style tonight. And this is why you see Harden start to force shots sometimes, because he knows he cannot rely on his team lead us to victory half the time.

I said it before the 4th quarter tonight that Westbrook has to lead us to victory. It was pretty obvious Harden wasn't going to get the chance to get the basket all that much. Kerr also proved he's a much smarter coach than MDA will ever be. As long as MDA is still here, we are not winning a championship.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will go to my grave convinced he was concussed at the end of Game 5. Only explanation for it. Still boggles my mind.

16. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Most embarrassing loss in the Westbrook era. We lost to an incredibly BAD team that didn't even play that well. Because one player did not have enough sense to stop shooting and one coach who didn't have the guts to tell him.

I don't mind losing to a decent team, or even a bad team that's playing out of its shorts, but this was just inexcusable.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Heat game was worse, but it wasn’t on ABC, so I guess this is more embarrassing in that regard.

18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Definitely Harden's worst games for the Rockets. But I do think he's improved a lot in the playoffs since then.

Patience and J Sizzle like this.
  19. AXG

AXG Member

For a regular season game, yes

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

there's so many Tmac toronto games but he gets a pass.

Downtown Sniper likes this.