1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Annoying commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CriscoKidd, Jun 10, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I want to hear what commercials annoy all of you the most.

National ones anyway.

here are some of mine.

that little Pepsi girl. She is so ugly that it aint even funny. Get her away.

Those beer guy commercials. Not funny.

Those Coors commercials with old Sports people. I dont care.

more to come as I see them.

------------------
    I have a special purpose.

2. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

The first one that comes to mind is the 1-800 CALL ATT commercials. Ugh! But I always flip through the channels during commercials so that's the only one I can think of right now.

------------------
    Let me tell you this... I don't care.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah that Pepsi Girl makes me mad [​IMG] Maybe Its because her stupid face is on TV and Im not [​IMG] . Those stupid 10 10 220 commercials with Terry Bradshaw are dumb . Dumb Commercial? How about that Reebok commercial where the guy wipes his rear end with poinson oak [​IMG] I cant think about how bad that would burn [​IMG] If reebok needs to sell shoes they shouldnt be airing dumb commercials . A stupid commercial was that one where that kid plays Kobe 1 on 1 Kobe swats him every time and Dunks all over him , Thats just making kids think they can never be just like mike . The WAZZZZZZZZZUP commercials are getting very old . As you guys probably have figured out by now I watch tooo much TV [​IMG]

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I love the WAZZZUPP guys but I do agree the Pepsi girl is trash. I aslo hate all commercials with players I dislike, like Shaq, Kobe, etc.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

ALL long distance commercials - will someone please kill Damon Wayans, Al Bundy, David Arquette, Paul Riser, Jamie Foxx, Sela Ward, Candice Bergen and anyone hocking long distance and put us all out of our misery? By the way, when did Dennis Miller decide to slum it? I'll never take another one of his rants seriously again.

ALL car commercials - espeically those one's with middle-aged grey haired guys driving their new Oldsmo-Buick and the announcer saying "Be different" or "I will not conform." You just did by driving a freakin' boat!

ALL beer commercials.

ALL soft drink commercials - the last time I drank a Dr. Pepper, no Latin dance party broke out on the roof of my apartment complex or maybe I just missed it.

MOST fast food commercials - For the last time, NOBODY said McDonald's!

Outback Steakhouse.

Do women really get that much pleasure out of Herbal Essence?

Mattress Giant. Oooooooh Ahhhhhh! Are we buying a mattress or having an orgasm?

All chemical company ads that try to convince us that they really care about the envinronment. "Do people really get duped by sleezy chemical companies? People do."

Any commercial that has some "way too hip announcer" talking in a low monotone about how cool you are for buying the latest car or pager or something. "It's wiiiiiiiide open."

Any commercial that says, "Life is difficult enough, your --insert product here-- shouldn't be."

My tv: $300. My remote control: $25. My VCR: $250. A day without commercials like these: priceless.

Any commercial that uses some espionage, X-Files motif. Wireless communications has nothing to do with mystery and intrigue. And, there is NOTHING the slightest bit strange about a Pontiac!

The bane of my existence is a bad jingle. If you are going to write a song that gets stuck in my head until I beat it against a wall for an hour, at least let it be something remotely cool.

I also hate ads that use computers or futuristic things in them but the product or service has NOTHING to do with technology. I particularly hate "www.coors.cold" Stupid.

And by the way, does anyone really take that guy who owns Coors seriously when he walks around on a snow-covered mountain slope and talks as if he really cares about all of us? If he really cared, he wouldn't SELL ALCOHOL!

As Homer once toasted, "To alcohol. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems."

Is it just me or do some commercials base themselves on really studid concepts like the pizza ads with the "oven truck" or the pizza guy that shows up at your house with equipment to actually cook the pizza there. The pizza company says, "Why get a pizza cold?" Are there really roving pizza guys with giant ovens in their trucks? Is this really an issue key to the pizza delivery industry?

Four words: Ban all sock puppets.

No more two part commercials!!!!

God, I really hate commercials! Sorry bout that.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited June 10, 2000).]

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The one I hate is that stupid 1-800-CALL-ATT western commercial with the stupid guy with the watergun. Man, talking western and squirting a phone with a watergun is real creative and fun isn't it? That is so old, so stupid, and not funny at all. I'm sick of that one.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think Jeff has been watching way too much TV. [​IMG]

I hate all Sears commercial. They are so freakin corny. McDonalds commercials, those long distance commercials, especially with Waynes ("oooh u so pretty, i bet u say that to all the girls, yeah I do..." god that is annoying as hell). that pepsi girl is annoying. those nike commercials with kevin garnett (can u dig it). many more that i cant think of rite now.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center from Wake Forest - TIM DUNCAN

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

lol Jeff.

Bet you been waiting a while to get that off your chest.

Jack in the Box is kinda dumb too.

McDonalds I hate. That clown looks evil with that blood he has round his mouth, and hes always playing with children, but where do they go? Hmmm...

I thought it was funny when McDonalds tried to "go black" with all their commercials. They even tried a stint down here to hispanicize McDonalds with a few commercial and a new burger called the McNifica.

How lame.

------------------
    I have a special purpose.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How about all those Grant Hill and Kobe Bryant Sprite commercials?

Don't drink something because your favorite athlete does, yet we're going to go ahead and pay them millions of dollars to say that you shouldn't drink it because they do.

Hypocritical.

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in mid-June, for now visit www.eesite.com)

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Jeff-Hilarious [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Those new Nike commercials with the "Mrs. Jones" chick are KILLING me. Terrible. Ugh.

Jeff -- ALL beer commercials? The wazzzaaah guys are the funniest commercials I think I've ever seen. Miller High Life also does HILARIOUS commercials as well.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, thank you. Someone else noticed. WORST commercials on the air. "The more, the better. Can you dig it?" No ya wench, I can't. Your track stars get enough love in the green coming from these endorsements.

The original "waazuup" commercial was indeed great. Personally, I think the best commercials are the milk and cheese commercials. The cheese commerical with the political candidate saying he didn't like cheese, and everyone turning on him as a result -- "I think he's a doofus!" -- just classic.

And the "Got Milk?" commerical where old guys headbutt the roughnecks in the restaurant? Ingenius. Gets me every time.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Not only do I hate Chili's with their over-priced alcohol and their not-too-good food, their commercials are the stupidest, most annoying ads I've ever seen.

Those old Mentos commercials made me want to kill someone.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Oh yeah that stupid "Shaft" car commercial is annoying. Those Herbal Essence commercials could be taken provocitivly .Jack in the Box commercials are stupid . Here in California we have these "The Real California Cheese commercials" They are so annoying . The Budweiser and Got Milk Campaigns are very ingenious . Oh yeah Marion Jones "Can ya dig it sucka" Nike commercials are S-T-U-P-I-D

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

OK, the waazzzzzup guys are cool.

Lynus: "I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back baby back..."

AAARRRRRRGH!!! I want to be the terminator of bad jingles. The "Jinglenator"!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hey I like the Chillis commercial. And Taco Bell commercials are the best.
    Can you dig it? [​IMG]

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center from Wake Forest - TIM DUNCAN

17. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

ALL MILLER LITE COMMERCIALS!!!!!
    ALL BRAKE CHECK COMMERCIALS!!!!!
    ALL CAR COMMERCIALS!!!

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Definitely the 1-800 CALL ATT commercials.

All of those Taco Bell commercials too!

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!