1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Your argument here is just puzzling. My original statement commented on need for reform in these countries with regard to backward laws and attitudes. You resent the use of polling data as evidence for this need of reform, while saying the polls reflect dangers coming from all levels of society, including police, in people expressing views that respect modern notions of human rights. So your rationalization of the evidence, itself, is evidence for the original problem!

And now you are saying I’m just reinforcing what I already believe because of my “tribal” nature. It doesn’t occur to you, apparently, that your own ancestral background might cause you to defensively ignore or minimize the problems that are plainly evident and attack others who point them out.

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sure, but the topic is similarities, not differences, and when you're an ethnonationalist beggars cant be choosers.

3. Buck Turgidson

This was my point. Sad little people.

And no, dear god I'll never google that. Twice the 4chan?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went on this 8 chan out of curiosity after I saw that reported on the news and it was the sickest place on earth. There were gifs of it and people were celebrating and very excited. Lots of white supremacists gleefully talking about it and talking about the victims as invading vermin and nothing more. It's amazing how they strip away their humanity to justify their hate.

Others were upset that this wasn't being done to Africans enough. I couldn't read any more I felt sick.

White nationalism is on the rise.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He makes a big deal about Muslim terrorism but dismisses this as "just a small group of people" - with Muslims it requires banning an entire population from coming into the country.

And people don't get why he is a racist. He is, 100%, and his reaction to this is proof that by extension is entire campaign is

Harrisment, No Worries and Jump Ship like this.
  6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

He is a crisis actor.

No Worries likes this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes it was. Now, I don't know if that is playing a role in this NZ shooting. But it wouldn't surprise me if we find out that it is the case here as well.

And yes, I think more people are beginning to realize the larger social impact/fallout that broken homes bring about.

8. Buck Turgidson

Wait, what?

Harrisment and Torn n Frayed like this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

If you are going to blame Chelsea Clinton for the NZ attack, can you at least blame “Alluh Akbar” for the thousands of other attacks?

Welcome to your diversity, America.

AroundTheWorld and MiddleMan like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or maybe just out of the closet.

11. Buck Turgidson

College students are morons. News at 11.

12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

He is definitely on the spectrum of crisis actor. That is how he got elected.

13. Buck Turgidson

Gotcha, I missed a couple of yall's earlier posts.

Jump Ship likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think you can Build Your Manifesto by just collecting your old CF BBS posts. I have been here 20 years or so. Lord knows how many half baked thoughts I have dumped here, especially in the D&D. At least the end result was not me wandering into a people dense location loaded for bear ...

I would not be surprised that this terrorist was a “broken” man that self selected his echo chamber and ideology. His source problem in some ways does not matter. At some point, he decided that the “other” was the cause of his problems which made the other subhuman and dispensable. I do not know if this condition is a certified mental disease, but it sure as **** ain’t normal.

#334 No Worries, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    pgabriel likes this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Offender should be tortured then killed.

16. Buck Turgidson

Maybe enough for a pamphlet, but a manifesto? I don't think so.

No Worries likes this.
  17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I heard there were two mosques that were attacked. Everyone only saw videos of the first one and the last part of him on his way to the second mosque. Not sure if anyone actually saw video of the second mosque shooting besides Facebook. The guy had professional training based on the leaked videos.

This. I am glad his name is not being printed everywhere. This is the first mass shooting where the public does not know the shooter’s name. But we all saw the crime and within a few weeks he needs to be publicly executed. Show everyone how he is crying like a little b**** before his execution in fear of the eyes of death. That will definitely deter shootings more than prayers.

#337 Jump Ship, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

19. Buck Turgidson

What are their other restrictions re: rifles and handguns?

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've heard his name said repeatedly on cable news the last 24 hours.