1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moses Malone, Jr attacked/robbed outside V-Live. Blames Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IslandB.O.I., Jun 28, 2016.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

So rare, it squirms when you poke it.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This sounds like something Harden would do. Weak-minded diva who can't handle criticism.

Many of the circumstantial "facts" extrapolate to his guilt.

Whether or not he's found guilty is a different story.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This the most time Clutchfans have seen the words Moses Malone in the GARM
    Not exactly for the Rockets legend

napalm06 likes this.
  4. Mr. Motiejunas

Harden can't throw hands. @Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Crazy how national media is just picking up on this story. Its as if it just went down.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bouncer sentenced to 35 years for beating Moses Malone Jr.

A bouncer at an after-hours club was sentenced late Thursday to 35 years in prison for inciting the beating of Moses Malone Jr. last year because of a Facebook post about basketball star James Harden.

Darian Blount, 40, was convicted of aggravated robbery after confronting the son of NBA legend Moses Malone with a group of people outside V Live, a near-westside strip club that operated between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. V Live has since closed.

Harris County jurors earlier on Thursday convicted him of the first-degree felony. They then worked past 7 p.m. to determine punishment. He was facing the possibility of life in prison.

Because Malone's jewelry was taken, and some people in the crowd had guns, prosecutors charged Blount with armed robbery. He was convicted under the state's "law of parties," which assigns everyone connected to crime with the same culpability. In other cases, prosecutors have used the law to charge getaway drivers or other conspirators with the same crime that a masked gunman would face.

The jury agreed that at least one handgun was involved in the crime, so he will have to serve at least half of his sentence before he is eligible for parole.

Malone arrived at the club in the 6200 block of Richmond about 2:30 a.m. on June 25, 2016, and was confronted outside by Blount and a crowd of people.

Testimony showed that Blount apparently told Malone he disrespected Harden and needed to be punished. He then shouted, "Get 'em!"

People in the crowd, some with handguns, began beating Malone and took his iPhone, and jewelry valued at $50,000, including diamond earrings that were ripped out of Malone's ears.

He also lost two David Yurman pendant chains worth $20,000 each.

After the beating, Malone identified Blount, who was known as "Blunt" and two other men who were all arrested on a felony charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. The cases against Kavon Boutte, 27, and Oscar Wattell, 26, are pending.

Blount's attorney, Clint Davidson, argued that his client broke up the fight.

Prosecutors Britni Cooper and Lauren Reeder told jurors that Blount initiated the fight because he wanted to show basketball superstar Harden that he "had his back."

Harden was a frequent visitor of the club, police testified, and stars like singer Rihanna, boxer Floyd Mayweather and rapper Wiz Khalifa had been spotted there. The night before the attack, the singer Drake was at the club, according to one witness.

Blount has a long criminal history beginning with arrests for mar1juana in 1997. Since then, he has been arrested and pleaded guilty to possession of mar1juana and cocaine in several cases.

Malone is the son of former Rockets center Moses Malone who was a three-time NBA MVP. The Hall of Famer died in September 2015.​

tinman likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yes he can fat boy. Chalmers don't want it but he can get it.

Drogba likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn, 35 years for someone else getting disrespected. Some people just follow blindly.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

One lesson I've learned here is that it's bad to hang out at a strip club at 2:30 am with about $60,000 of jewelry on?

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

dude threw his life away because of a Facebook post...smh, dumbass...

napalm06 likes this.
  11. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well, I at least learned Drake is a “singer”

raining threes and napalm06 like this.
  12. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Dam, seems a bit harsh.

macho GRANDE and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree, but I would probably feel differently if a mob of people was kicking me and waving guns, stealing $50K and pulling my earrings out.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe not his first run-in with authority.