1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morris Peterson--NBA Draft 2000

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Man, Dec 2, 1999.

1. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been posting exclusively about the NBA Draft lately. And as of this moment, I'm loving Morris Peterson. I've been singing his praises for some time now and I have testified how he is the best NBA prospect on Michigan State(much better than Mateen Cleaves). He started the season as being a lottery player. If he continues his wonderful play, he will be a sure top 5 pick. He's stands 6'7", 215 lbs. He projects as a Shooting guard and a Small Forward. When I watch him play, he reminds me of a taller Cuttino Mobley(He's even left-handed). Terrific jumpshooter. Can drill it from behind the arc. Drills the in-between jumper. Drills jumpers off screens. Drills the pull up jumpers. And he looks amazingly smooth doing it. Gets to the hole with regularity. Ball-handling does need to be improved for the next level. Great finisher. Is very effective playing with the ball and off the ball. Showed some surprising low post moves to me this year. Has a very good looking fadeaway. Hits the offensive glass well. He will mix it up down low. Is a good athlete, not great. With all of the zone defenses, it's a little hard to gauge a player's defensive skills. But as I surmise, he's defense is probably a little shaky like most college players. Peterson is simply put, a ball player. He just knows how to play ball. He looked very good to me last year. This year, he is looking outstanding.

Chris Porter: He's stock has slightly declined. Has been putting up some subpar performances against both good and bad competition. His top 5 status is a little shaky. But the lottery is still a lock for him.

Quentin Richardson: He was lottery bound before the year and he's managing to improve that status. Moved to SG this year and is starting to flash some perimeter ability. He was one of the leading rebounders in college basketball last year at 6'6". He is still managing to get some double digit rebound games as a perimeter player.

Kenyon Martin: His stock has risen some in the early going. He has now landed in the top portion of the 1st round.

Mike Miller of Florida has looked very good. Jason Collier of Georgia Tech has some nice offensive skills for a 7 footer.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Is morris still the 6th man at MSU ? He made a nice play on D tonight. Richardson is a pipe dream for us. Man, that guy is athletic. I still like Porter, He has some mad hops, of course so does Kenny walker.

I thnik mihm is starting to look good. He popped a couple of 3's last week and was named player of the week. I think he could be a solid 18 point 9 rebound, 2.5 blocks a night center.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.