1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Rashmon, KingCheetah, bobrek and 2 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lone warriors are the Americans laying in hospital beds fighting to stay alive in Veterans homes, nursing homes, and hospitals around the country, as their leader does nothing but tweet, golf, rally, and encourage no masks by example.

BmwM3, NewRoxFan, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

1,623 Veteran deaths so far (at least what the VA is tracking)...more than 32 states

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sacrificing for their country only to become sacrificial lambs by ignorant and unsympathetic leaders who fail to protect them. Money and economy first. Let the old sacrifice their lives so the young can run around mask free, carefree, and spend those dollars.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Biggest con has been to send the young to die in far off lands for old money all in the name of Freedom, Flag and Country. Calling out shameless politicians on it ends up shifting into crude politicking over who's more patriotic enough to die for their Blessed Nation. Emotion >>> Values

It's worked so well over the decades (if not centuries) that you see some bootlicking parasites using the same rationale for old people to die off for the sake of opening up during covid.

There should be empathy among the targeted, but we're so wrapped up in our symbols and nationalism that we'll still dive deep into the game of "Who Loves Our Country Enough to Volunteer Others to Die First...For the Greater Good".

Powerful programming.

P.S. Quit ****ing w/ football Kapernick! Let them Play!! Respect your Country, ungrateful deadbeat!!!

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You obviously don't know the sacrifice you make serving in the military, whether you are in a war or not. Nobody does it to get rich. The least they should get is some decent health care when they return, and not end up a statistic that someone like Trump brags as doing a good job.

It's not just Veterans I feel for, and am not putting them on a pedestal over any other person in any other type nursing home or care facility. They don't deserve to die, simply because the government didn't act quickly enough, test enough, or provide enough care to save them. It's not a victory by any means. This should never happen in a country as rich as the United States of America.

mdrowe00, pugsly8422 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

I believe the sacrifice is tremendous, and I also think many Americans discount it because "they knew what they signed up for". Just like what people are assuming now w/ Essential Workers.

America fought two large scale wars during Bush and civilians carried out their daily lives without fear of draft or attack. The amount of messaging pumped into the airwaves to support those invasions plus the counter-programming of dismissing anti-war protests were disgusting and my main point for what you quoted.

We should take care of soldiers for picking up the brunt of our endless wars, but it's not happening right now. It'll cost at least another trillion dollars to do that right but now "we don't have the money" or "VA and what's happening in Walter Reid is a mess/Prime Example against Socialized Healthcare", but we sure as hell have the will to start **** w/ Iran, China, or even Russia...

mdrowe00, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Playing the victim card so more...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah,I'm not really sure what he's trying to say by posting that...

Who is they?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Transgenders?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with your point on war. I wasn't talking about war, or war politics. What sickens me is a Leader who claims victory, claims to be so Pro Veteran, and doesn't do near enough for them when they need help most. Veterans homes, nursing homes, and underfunded medical facilities could do a lot with the 135,000,000 plus dollars he has cost the taxpayers golfing and blowing hot air.

He is a draft dodging coward of a man, who has spent a lifetime making himself richer off the sweat and tears of hard workers. He, nor his offspring are trustworthy. They've had so many lawsuits against them it's mind-blowing. Even more mind-blowing are Governors and Senators who kiss his ass while watching the virus get out of control once again.

14. NewRoxFan

Maybe trump is threatening his supporters, suggesting the russians will put out bounties on them too?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who is They're?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The men is white suits coming to take him away....heehee haha

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

FWIW, if you asked me I'd say it is a great way to ensure you are set financially. No doubt that you won't get rich in it (though you can afterwards), but if you take advantage of the benefits, you'll make a very good life for yourself.

That isn't at all to say that there isn't a big sacrifice. The risk of getting shot/blown up, the months apart from family and friends, the rules you are stuck with, the forced moves, the mental toll, and I'm sure plenty more I wouldn't want to be dealing with. But if I had to go back and do it all over, I probably would have joined. I'd be close to retirement (if not already medically retired), likely get 100% VA disability benefits, have my GI bill, probably going back to work in Civil Service or working for a government contractor overseas, getting a significant amount of my pay tax free, and having health insurance for life. It is all about learning how the system works to maximize what you get.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just curious why you think you'd probably get 100% disability benefits if you had served.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I know dozens of 100% disabled veterans. I've discussed it with many of them and have learned both what conditions tend to lead to 100%, and how to make sure you get there. Wasn't always this way, but now days almost every client I have that retires military gets to 100%.

RayRay10 likes this.