1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey's FB] Day 2 Training Camp Clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So what you're saying is, you judge a good defender by his ability of holding his opposition below 30-35.

Then according to your criteria, 95% of the NBA are great defenders.

What am I basing my opinion off? Gee I don't know. Probably the fact I watched game after game after game of Bev doing the same thing time and time again.

Your entire theory is severely flawed.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So what you're saying is, you judge a good defender by his ability of holding his opposition below 30-35.

Then according to your criteria, 95% of the NBA are great defenders.

What am I basing my opinion off? Gee I don't know. Probably the fact I watched game after game after game of Bev doing the same thing time and time again.

Your entire theory is severely flawed.

3. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

Patrick Beverley Effect. I don’t know. Both NBA Wowy and ESPN have positional defensive metrics that say Beverley was slightly below average last year. Looking at NBA Stats’ Defensive FG%, opponents actually slightly improved their shooting percentage when defended by Beverley last year (44.9% compared to 44.3% expected). His forced turnover numbers were also very middle of the road.

But here’s one thing that did happen when Beverley was on the floor – the pace slowed down by 1.2 points. When Beverley was on the court, the Rockets went from being a fast-paced team to around league average.

4. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

Patrick Beverley Effect. I don’t know. Both NBA Wowy and ESPN have positional defensive metrics that say Beverley was slightly below average last year. Looking at NBA Stats’ Defensive FG%, opponents actually slightly improved their shooting percentage when defended by Beverley last year (44.9% compared to 44.3% expected). His forced turnover numbers were also very middle of the road.

But here’s one thing that did happen when Beverley was on the floor – the pace slowed down by 1.2 points. When Beverley was on the court, the Rockets went from being a fast-paced team to around league average.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest problem with the defense last year was Dwight. Clint almost led the team in blocks playing nearly a thousand less minutes.

Dwight's loser personality and on court tantrums were to our detriment in every single way. He was actively sabotaging the Rockets, and even admitted to it on camera.

Cancer cells be gone. The offense AND the defense will be MUCH better this year.

Remlap and MistaK like this.
  6. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Last year was a down year for Bev defensively for sure, but to be fair it was a down year for everyone and when the whole team is suffering on defense, its very hard to be a good individual defender. On the brightside, his shooting looked much improved.

Hopefully this year, we see a lot more structure and individual effort on the defensive end because i see Bev being one of the premier 3 & D players in the league this year.

7. Getsum64

Getsum64 Member

I agree...

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again you are the one getting all personal and sensitive. And for what? Come at you Hahaha I was letting you know that in this day and time again lot of teams doesn't really use the old fashioned point guard. You are on here talking about people are confused and stuff.

As fast as Westbrook or Harden being better than one another is pretty mute. I said Brooks utilized Harden as the primary ball handler/point guard whenever he came in off the bench. Especially in the 4th quarter.

And where are you getting this 5th worst PG at. Do you have a link stated such claims. Or is that your own personal opinion?

Dude what are you screaming for bwhahaha. You don't need to write in freaking caps to try and get your point across.

We're just having a discussion and that's all. No need to get all up in your feelings. Calm down hahahaha