1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey's FB] Day 2 Training Camp Clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Sep 25, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree on all points. and going back to bev, the old bev who used to played smart on D (instead of just going full rage and racking up early fouls like last season) would be great as our backup PG. but imo even that vintage bev is not the answer next to harden in MDA's offense. we still need a deft ballhandler and playmaker to not only save harden's energy when he's on the floor, but also to simply run MDA's hot potato multi-attack offense. and i'd say the same goes for ariza as well, who can't dribble to save his life. as others have already posted here, these 2 guys are ripe for getting traded this season, or at least bumped out of the starting lineup.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm waiting to see what sort of ball movement we get with the addition of Nene, EG and RA, and most importantly the subtraction of Dwert. Bev and Trev might thrive in this new scenario.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Has he lost any weight? Perhaps he should get on the same fitness program and diet as PBev

4. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I am not saying Beverley is good PG. In a vacuum he's a disaster of a point guard, because he doesn't do things point guard is supposed to do, in theory. A great PG would find a way to fit with Harden AND make team better, but that's irrelevant, because we aren't getting one and from those that we can realistically have, they're not an upgrade over Beverley. Gordon will be handling some of playmaking duties, another guard with bad defense, replace Beverley with someone slightly better at PG and you have 3 main guards on your team likely way below average on defense. We're yet to see how D'Antoni Rockets are going to play, maybe they won't need to play any defense, but until then I will stick to what's been obvious for the last couple years: you need defenders in backcourt with Harden. Isn't that's why Beverley pushed Lin out of starting lineup, why Morey kept Bev over Lin, why Morey resigned Bev? He could have gone and signed someone better than Beverley, but he didn't.

I'd LOVE to have George Hill over Beverley.

Edit: going back to Lawson, yes, he sucked, but did you notice what Harden was doing when Lawson was having the ball? Nothing. Sure, as mentioned before, coaching was to blame too, but I don't believe that coaching was the biggest reason why Harden was ineffective with other ball dominant guard on court. McHale was bad, but he's not blind. If we all saw that, then he saw it too, but he couldn't change it. Harden needs to want to change, no one will do it for him, no matter how good or respectable the coach will be.

#44 JJWhat?, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

6. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Morey told MDA to say this. Top trade candidates. How soon can Ennis be traded?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

90 days

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oops, wrong thread

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Honestly I'm a little excited to see Brewer in a fast paced offense. Everyone was bad last year. Fresh year fresh start hopefully he can get back to helping the team like in 15

topfive likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

SO this is what its come to? Private scrimmage games that use to be open and free to the public to only being viewed thru our narcissistic control freak GM's facebook page.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You do not want people questioning or get into their feeling. hahaha but you are in your feelings right now with this post.

Confused, hahaha what's there to be confused about. Each coach since Harden has been here uses his skillset as a point guard. Thus, the reason why MDA just said he's our point guard. Shoots even Brooks had him as the primary ball handler over in OKC whenever he came in off the bench. Therefore, are you calling those coaches confused?

Here's a great example for ya. The Rockets acquired Ty Lawson who is a true starting PG. hahaha but still had Harden as the primary ball handler. Ty on the other hand had to play off of Harden and try to become a spot up shooter.

This is not old school basketball. Welcome to the New Era of basketball.

13. Houtho

Houtho Member

(Delete if already posted elsewhere)

More Videos from Morey Facebook/Instagram:

'Ball movement FTW'

'Ball movement part 2'

'Turnaround play by @samdek7'

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sorry, but you're absolutely delusional if you think this is the case.

Bev is currently a joke of a defender. All bark and no bite.

Oh, he's pushing up right into the opposing PGs chest on the halfway line to try and intimidate him.... aaaaaaaaaand now the opposing PG has blown right by him and our D has collapsed to make up for Bev who's now 3 steps behind.... aaaaaaaaand now the ball has been swung to a wide open 3 point shooter..... aaaaaaaand now there's another 3 points on the board.

That should sound VERY familiar to you.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  15. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

These vids have got me ridiculously excited for the season.. Ball Movement finally!

Remlap and Houtho like this.
  16. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

is that what heaven looks like

Wapzoe likes this.
  17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Those last clips. I'm here for it.

18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

That finish by Tyler Ennis was great

19. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Go figure harden left him wide open on that play lol

20. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Nene did the same thing on the Capela slam.. I have a feeling the vets weren't going 100% on defense during those plays