1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moreys Ego has crippled this team time after time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Jul 1, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Who give the old injury-prone CP3 big contract?

160m...Still cant believe this.

Best GM? Lmao.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is totally BS.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Can Morey draw top free agents here? We are moving the goalposts I see.....

I don't see Morey being a negative for top free agents considering how much we cater to top talent when they are. It may surprise some people...... but it's not always about the basketball for these guys. I would say Harden is probably a greater hindrance to top free agents than front office, some players want to be the franchise player.

4. dmoneybangbang

You think Morey makes moves on his own without the owner explicitly telling him? What are you 7?

5. dmoneybangbang

"Tail end of their careers? Who is on the "tail end"? CP3?

6. Elienator

Elienator Member

Morey is a terrible GM and it’s definitely his fault players don’t sign with Houston. If only the Rockets had a GM as good as the Knicks Scott Perry. They just signed 4 players in 2 days. And we all know free agents are joining the Lakers is because of how great Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss are.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Tucker is 34, bro. Gordon will be 31 later this year. Who exactly do you think has yet to reach their peak?? Gordon will be 31 later this year.

tc0330 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only time Morey recruited a big time free agent dream was there

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

keep in mind why some of that is. Its Morey's Analytics that dictate the style the Rockets play, which is directly the reason that James has the ball in his hands so much. Why would any top tier or mid tier player want to come to our team if their talent will be marginalized by the style. Recall Austin Rivers was saying that he ,Cp3 and others wanted to help James more but were being limited because James is doing exactly what he is being told to do by management. Which is dominate the ball and the shots. James needs help sometimes, the guy was being asked to take a team of mostly role players up against an all star team in the Warriors

cheke64 likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey is vastly overrated in this board.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's not the teams I was talking about r****d, those are the teams the other r****d who thinks like you posted. I was talking about NEXT season coming up. You basically applied a post that I had nothing to do with. Re-read the thread.

Boston, LAL, NO will not be better than us. I wasn't talking about people won championship, because if we had three HOF players playing we would have some too.

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Sure he’s made some moves he wishes he could take back. But seriously, what could he have reasonably done that would have won us a ship by now? Picked Draymon over TJones and Royce White??

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Here are a few tidbits Houston fans refuse to accept;

Morey is about the only good thing the team has going for it.
    Nobody wants to play with a star who spends more energy trying to flop for a foul than actually getting the ball in the basket.
    CP0 is washed up. You dont need more than 10 fingers to know his massive albatross contract is a huge detriment to the team.
    Tilman. Need I say more?
    Lets just be honest. Houston as a city sucks. Unless you only care about food. At least its not OKC.

Its only going to get worse. I wont be surprised to hear Harden asking for a trade after next season.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. jsingles

jsingles Member

@Ramo$e has rightly tucked his tail and ran from this thread, probably for the best.

Morey = No championships, no finals appearances in over 10 years

Other GMs, several GMs, been to the finals, many have won championships = "haven't proved a damned thing"

Kid here is throat deep in some fat Elvis dick, pretty pathetic.

cheke64 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But . . .. What about the 14 pick in the draft and first round exits
    with guys that WORK REALLY HARD and PLAY THE RIGHT WAY??????

Rocket River
    Need another 6'9 Power Forward . . . but for real this time

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This was a legit argument by some dumbass who said as a young Rockets fan who never watched the Dream that he preferred to watch "players with heart" that played hard and as a team but don't win anything versus Harden. It was mind blowing.

17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

If Morey sucks then so does every other GM whose yet to win a championship.

So what do you Morey Haters suggest?

Pry a championship team's GM? ...Good luck w/ that.
    Otherwise, you haters basically want to dump Morey only to go with another GM that is 'unproven.'

Circular reasoning much????

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

And who was the one who jumped all over Harden when he was available?

Don't act like you knew that Harden would turn out to be this good.
    I certainly did not and am confident that 99 percent of people who follow basketball did not either.

Morey did...so yeah..

#118 Elephant810, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

This is a really bad post. Man..what utter garbage.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wait. What?

On top of incredible food.

Houston has Great nightlife, great museums, mild winters, incredible diversity and the city is slowly but surely becoming less of a sprawl and is growing within the loop. Even the parks are getting better. Houston is an incredible city to live in.

Low cost of living (not a serious issue for most NBA players). No state income tax.

I'm guessing you either don't live in Houston or the surrounding area or if you do you are outside of the loop and have kept your biases from the 90s.