1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey's Ace] Summer of 2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Jun 10, 2016.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's over. I think everyone including myself has given up on this pathetic ass team and organization. I'm just here for dish and hangout. I'm also here so I don't get fined.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Won't be long before Harden is gone and we're playin' for ping pong balls. Oh well.

3. hakeemthagreat

Summer of 2017? Morey not have a job by the end of 2016:rolleyes:

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The can has too many dents. Unable to kick any further.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No more years...it is this year or bust for Morey - he has had 10 years either we are going to get significantly better or he has to go.

DD

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Get that spell checked before printed on the jersey. :p

I'm glad everyone is tired of kicking the can — next year! next year! next year! :rolleyes:

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Attitude reflects leadership :grin:

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Then: Failure for the next and next one.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lDK9QqIzhwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

The can kicking narrative is pretty ridiculous. Keep in mind it's very possible to have both a short term and long term plan at the same time. It's like some of you don't want the team to plan ahead.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If the "plan" Morey has is to sign Horford this summer would he get a pass so that he brings Durant in next summer? That, at this point, is more realistic than trying to acquire both in the same year.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

These are the needle movers in 2017 free agency:

Curry (pipedream)
    Westbrook (pipedream)
    Griffin (possible)
    Paul (possible, but can he fit with Harden?)
    Lowry (not likely to opt out)
    Millsap (possible)

I don't include Rose because he is not the same player anymore, kind of like Dwight.

So pretty much a very remote dream.

[​IMG]

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

This IMHO shows how Morey haters paint the picture and put the backdrop on the Rockets: overlooking everything that has happened the past 10 years as well as the circumstances the team is in right now.

Like the Rockets didn't just go through the cycle of trying to build a contender with Harden and DHoward, and although it ultimately failed the Rockets actually made it to the WCF just 2 years ago. Yep, just 2 years ago but these guys forgot that already and put it like Rockets have been sitting on their ass these 10 years.

To read the complaints these people are making everything is exaggerated, like every other team has been winning rings left and right but the Rockets have somehow been the most pathetic team in the entire league this past decade. Remember 10 years ago Rockets started out as the oldest team in the league, and then instead of rebuilding from tanking like a proper team should do the owner insisted on always making the playoffs. To put that in perspective OKC whom nobody seems to find fault in started out with clear capspace, Kevin Durant+1 high pick and were given leeway to suck and collect high draft picks for like 5 years in a row...and they also have zero rings! OMG it's been 10 years for OKC too, does Presti just suck or is it just really hard to win a ring in basketball? :rolleyes:

The funny thing is they are demanding results or Morey should be fired in a year where Morey has shown to have very low power in the organization, he wanted a defensive and analytics friendly coach like JVG or Vogel, Alexander stuck with the 65 year old offensive coach. And yet Morey should be the one getting axed if the team sucks.

I dunno, I'm thinking all these people have never had supervisory roles or just suck in their work, they clearly lack the capability to analyze situations correctly. There's also this incorrect assumption that if X and Y don't work, then Z will, like people who always claim that if Ariza and Bev's layups and 3s don't go in, their mid-range shots will go in, like the NBA is some kind of multiple choice exam and if options A, B and C are wrong then D is correct. Maybe this is why they think Morey has been doing a bad job and needs to be fired. 10 years with Morey and the rox don't have a ring, firing him and getting another random off the street will result in rings?

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Well, as the creator of that meme - glad people caught up.

LOL - I am thinking that people are judged by the results of their work, and frankly Morey has failed to deliver. His mistakes are piling up, his drafting has been mediocre and that is putting it mildly.

He lets GOOD players leave because he covets flexibility - I am sorry, a leader is judged by the work they have done, and he is not moving the needle forward.

I doubt anyone thinks he has done a BAD job, I just personally don't believe that he is doing a GOOD job, but rather is treading water.

He has had 10 years, he has failed to make us appreciably better, and many of the players he let walk for nothing are better than what we have on the floor today.

Dragic, Scola, Parsons.

So, faith in him, from my perspective is not real high, 10 years is enough time.

DD

#34 DaDakota, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

#PausedPursuit
    <BR>

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey will keep in mind "cap room" or "cap flexibility" for 2017. But he will also make some moves this summer. Part of the flexibility aspect is he can always sign players to a 2 year deal, with the 2nd year NG. Much like Ainge did with Amir Johnson. Allows you to add talent but also keep flexibility if you have to pivot. Morey basically already started that process with the Goudelock/Beasley signings.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#PursuitOfPoints , #POP

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the best general managers in the game. We are incredibly lucky.

19. DaDakota

Really? What makes you say that? What has he done that makes him one of the best?

I think he has some good, some bad, pretty mediocre.

DD

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

waiting for rodman or i3artow i3aller or someone to make a version of morey doin this dance

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyeES-321xc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>