1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's #1 target should be Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Jun 20, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Nothing happens in a vacuum. There certainly will be opportunity costs for teams that get involved in negotiating one deal or the other.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The moment Triangle Jackson said that Porz was available, 29 other teams were leaving him voicemails.

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Porzingis? No way Phil Jackson is going to let him go.
    MELO on the other hand. . . . he's been wanting to unload that dead weight for some time now

DO NOT WANT Melo on Rox team. Especially under MDA's system.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

There is no chance we can get KP. No chance. Boston will outbid everyone for him.

Williamson and YaoMing#1 like this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

The guy Phil is rumored to want to replace Kristaps is the guy i wanted Morey to trade into the draft for. Lauri Markkanen. He'd be a perfect fit for us. I don't think we can afford Kristaps. But, i think we can jump NY in the draft at #7 if we temp Thibs with Bev(im sure Thibs LOVES Bev) + another player and pick.

I'm a huge Bev fan and it would kill me, but i'm thinking of the team first.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if only Phil was dumb enough to take Ryan Anderson off our hands for him.

Remlap likes this.
  7. pass_to_Hakeem

I WOULD LOVE IF THEY COULD PULL THAT OFF!!! He would be a great addition to the team

8. hakeemthagreat

Not as high on Prozingus as you guys seem to be. He's young, athletic w/ a nice jumper. But he's a Yao foot injury away from being as has been. A player high height, weight & agility is bound to have a foot or knee injury. Pass

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be clear, you're passing because he might get injured?

I mean, I get at his size, it's probably a slightly higher probability than for a 6'8 guy.

But the kid is ahead of Dirk at the same stage. Plus he's way better at defense than Dirk was at a comparable age.

To be fair, I do think there can be a tendency to overrate Porzingod. I prefer Jokic. But Porzingod would be an amazing get... and not possible.

I saw some report earlier that Phil was asking for Devin Booker + the #4 pick for example, lol.

Remlap and Williamson like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

We could offer Ryan Anderson + Bev + 1st + JD to Jets + Watt to Giants + 5 iPads and I still don't think it would get it done.

Remlap and catarax05 like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The thing that excites me most about Porzingis being made available is that he would command a huge price tag. If a team like Boston goes all in to get that done, they're out. That's their big move. A team like Indiana or Chicago can no longer use them as leverage for George or Butler, putting the Rockets in a more desirable position. I'd love to get that guy but there is no way the Rockets stand a chance.

Zergling likes this.
  12. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

13. Newmans_Own

Newmans_Own Member

Whoever has The Unicorn at the end of the day wins.

14. dmoneybangbang

We have the assets for Paul George since there is a lot of hesitation across possible suitors for giving up too much for a potential rental. BUT KP is out of the question for the Rockets.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hmm, big man with 3p shooting and willing to play defense. Any chance of a EGO, Lou, Ryano and Clint plus picks for the next 5 years would interest Knicks?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is already 20 and Porzigis 21 and has much more experience at that level.

From that pic they just look a like and their games. But holy mackerel do they bread 7fters to have guard skills now?!

Caesar likes this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Bigger pipe dream next to lebron james coming here.... KP is an up and coming star in the NBA. Rockets have close to nothing that will even entice failure Jackson to even think about that deal.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

PORZINGIS MAY BE AVAILABLE??!!

[​IMG]