1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey will get suspended or fired. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dominicene, Oct 7, 2019.

?

What will happen to Morey?

1. Be Suspended

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Be Fired

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. He will smooth things over with the CBA

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. dominicene

dominicene Member

This is not about Morey being right or wrong. It's about an employee doing something egregious enough that it may cost the owner, the players, the nba alot of lost revenue. I would be surprised if he's not disciplined is some way. If I was Morey, I would take a red eye flight to China and meet with Yao. This may involve being the commissioner, the owner, maybe even TMac.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's up with all these people with 2 posts all of a sudden becoming Rocket fans?

No one vote on this stupid poll

Nook, apollo33, malakas and 4 others like this.
  3. dejamike

dejamike Member

Correct me if I am wrong... all he said was he stands with Hong Kong. I understand China is a big money pit for the NBA. I think if he has to apologize for this then should NBA players apologize for wearing the “I can’t breath” T shirts couple of years back? HECK NO right?

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  4. dominicene

dominicene Member

It took

Hello .. lol

It took Clutch Fan 3 years to approve my account. I've been registered and viewing post for at least 5+ years.

5. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I will be very disappointed in the NBA and Tillman if Morey is fired over this.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Go away.

7. Garner

Garner Member

I think Morey purposefully committed the perfect employment offense.

My theory is that Morey sees Tillman is an incompetent and incapable owner and wants out. He lit the perfect fuse to get out of Houston while taking the moral high ground.

Morey gets fired. Morey goes to any club he wants to work with a boss he actually respects.

Morey wins.

8. dominicene

dominicene Member

I'm here to stay my dude... You know you love me homie :) ha ha lol

9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

none of the above. gtfo with this nonsense.
    and go check on any other nba fan forum, reddit, etc... the support for morey is overwhelmingly in his favor. there are so many fans willing to boycott the nba (lets be honest, most americans were only football fans until goodell ****ed it up) and i really wouldn't doubt them. the nba being a progressive league is a farce... it's only in on it when it doesn't affect their bottom line... which makes their previous messages for solidarity even more disgusting. adam silver would be a true idiot if he really decides to pander to chinese interests while ignoring the most important market for the nba (hint: they already play in this country).

if anyone has to step down, it's adam silver. anti-american hypocrite

malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. dominicene

dominicene Member

I agree ... That is my theory as well. Everything Morey does is calculated. He's indirectly trying to stick it Tillman. This really hurts him the most.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If either happens, look forward to a political backlash from politicians in the US who want a lever against China, Cheeto Jesus chief among them.

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

He may get suspended.
    But if he is forced to resign or even worse fired there will be real consequences.
    China then may be satisfied but most other people will be outraged.

Hopefully the national media picks it up and embarasses the whole league.

Nook, clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

"No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other"

Nook likes this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Andrew Yang, Julian Castro, Ted Cruz, and John Cornyn have all come out on the same side...

SooneRockStro and malakas like this.
  15. dominicene

dominicene Member

i love Morey. I think this is BS. I've lost jobs for speaking my mind and ignoring the politics employers play. I meet him before at a function a couple of years ago. One of the coolest white dudes I've meet.

malakas likes this.
  16. sheb

sheb Member

I read Nike has pulled all Rockets merchandise from the online Chinese store

honestly I think Morey will be forced to resign

17. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Incentives - politicians aren't worried about offending China because they're neither receiving lobbying money from the Chinese, nor votes. Find me a politician criticizing the US over China, or inversely find me an NBA player/owner that's actively denouncing China (apart from one subtle Morey tweet that's since been deleted and apologized for).

18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i love morey too. it's sad that no one in the nba with a position of influence is stepping up for morey. but from reading all the reactions from other nba fansites (heck even warriorsworld), the nba will be in a whole world of hurt if anything happens to morey other than him keeping his job. this is bigger than basketball. it's already politicized in every major american media news outlet. americans love their sports.. but not at the cost of their moral values.

malakas likes this.
  19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

honestly I don't think nike should have ever deserved to sell rockets merchandise in the first place.. when all they do is slander james harden for being an adidas guy.

malakas likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets/NBA will do whatever China tells them to do. If they want him fired, he'll be fired.

Houston Rockets: Forever China's b****