1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey was trying to change the Rockets direction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shaggylambda, Dec 8, 2011.

1. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this whole Lakers/Hornets/Rockets trade. The prize was not Pau. The prize was Nene. Playing Pau at center would allow Nene to play PF. Nene has openly stated that he hated playing center. Getting Pau would clear the way to persue Nene. A front court of Pau and Nene would be solid and complimentary. Pau as a finess player and Nene a power player. People are forgetting how good C.Lee is. He is a legit 2 gaurd. Here is the thing, if the experiment fails, they would be getting a high a high draft pick instead of being in the pergatory of mediocraty. If the experiment works, they would be in the playoffs.

2. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Nene is no prize. At all.

3. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Dealing Martin in this trade is just unacceptable. He's one of the best shooters in the league.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This team will make the playoffs as is.

5. lild713

lild713 Member

!!!

Thank you....Morey NEED to get that in HIS HEAD if LEE was in that trade then yeah.

6. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Scola needs to be moved at all costs however. He's blocking Patterson, which is also unacceptable.

7. lild713

lild713 Member

Even tho I love LEE to be here also...hes good also but K-Mart is the TOP SCORER in the NBA ..just cuz he aint big name lk LEBRON,KOBE dont mean nothin he scores like them.....

8. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Agreed. Martin and Scola for Gasol is a rip off. Add Dragic and it's a total disaster.

9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

That is if you are not living in "Mediocrity Land" like we have been for the last 2 years.

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Martin is one of my very favorite Rockets. I went out and bought his jersey 2 days after the trade. But Martin as our best player won't win us title. Martin needs to be our second option, not the first.

11. lild713

lild713 Member

!!!!

We shall see I think he can WE JUST NEED a CENTER..he cant do it ALONE....he drawls FOULS and can SHOOT if he dont wanna get FOUL.

12. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Who's gonna hit big shots for this team without Martin? lowery can't shoot, lee isn't a great shooter. Budinger is decent. It'll be a mess.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We are talking a 5 year, near max deal with NeNe. He is an injury prone big man almost in his 30s. He won't give the Rocekts a discount. If this "experiment " fails then what? We are stuck for the next 4 seasons with guys who don't want to be here.

Morey lucked out of Ariza's contract. Acquiring NeNe, and Gasol goes against everything Morey's accomplished.

Ask Memphis how many games they won in the playoffs when they relied on Gasol in his prime.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Martin never hit the big shots dude.

He tended to fade in the 4th quarter.

Lowry improved his three point shot immensely. He was our closer basically.

15. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

He's replaceable. People always b-itching about all the role players we have and when Morey begin to make big changes they start b-itching about that. No one knows what he had planned with that cap room, but it could have been something special. Now we're still where we were at before minus the wagon.

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

That's my point. The team we have now is so fun to watch. I love how they bring it every might. I love how they fight, I love thier passion, but they are and will continue to be outmatched by the top teams. The direction of this team needs to change. What they are doing nww isn't working.

17. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

I'll be surprised if this deal doesn't get done within a week though.

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

And we have made the playoffs with this team the last 2 years?

19. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Martin makes shots but I don't know about BIG. He better make shots after giving up so many!

I don't know if you noticed last season but Lowry found his shot. He was the reason we were winning after the all star break.

20. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Agreed