1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Morey usually fixes his mistakes, do you still want him as your GM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 12, 2019.

?

Morey should have been fired

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. No

137 vote(s)
    87.8%
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Weird framing. It assumes all of Moreys moves are going to hit. When I’m sure Morey is just thinking of it probabilistically.

This team with either Markieff or House would be deep. Off season FA non-hits and salary cap restrictions be damned!

2. xaos

xaos Member

Well stay tuned.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think it's hysterical how on ClutchFans, you're either a homer or a non-fan, a nuthugger or a hater.

Anyone having a nuanced, lots-of-gray-area opinion on something is still slotted into one of those categories.

Don't think signing Lin totally ruined the Rockets for years to come? You're a Morey nuthugger!

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This take is hard to believe, I think it might be a fake opinion

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey had to deal with Les Alexander

An owner who didn't pay stars like Charles Barkley , 3 million dollars he was promised

And for Chris Paul? He sold the team AFTER that

Take 2 Billion Dollars when he bought the team for what? $85 million ?

You think with that massive profit he made, he could have gone over the luxury tax

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

At the time Lin and Asik were acquired heading into the 2012 season, it looked like Morey was finally going to tank but make it look good to Les.

Then he made the trade for Harden, and the Rockets made the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.

7. malakas

malakas Member

If Morey is fired or resigns with the new owner we have, the team is doomed.

ChumpCity, BigShasta, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think Morey did a perfect job by fixing the problem. Everyone makes mistakes. Let's point out GS GM mistakes.
    There was a very big mistake GS general manager made last season.
    When Andre Iguodala was injured and out for 5 games in conference finals , GS had 5 big men and no wing to replace him.
    All 5 big men were not any good and waste the roster spots. I still don't think GS GM has fixed the problem this year.
    Raptors can beat GS if one of Boogie or Iguodala were injured and out.

9. macan

macan Member

it's really hard to find a good GM in this league. it's even harder to find a GM who can do a better job than Morey does. I'm sure there's maybe 1 or 2 better GM out there, but they are also signed to other teams.
    Morey got us Harden( by luck or not). it's a fact.

malakas likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Most guys would live and die with their decisions and go down with the ship. We see all the time that excuses are given and there is a lack of accountability.

I heard Morey earlier this year say Melo was “on me”. He fixed it. Everyone saw the issues and he jumped on it almost immediately.

DM was not afraid to dump Ennis even though on a minimum deal, with the team sorely lacking and in need of 3&D wings. Was it in part to get under the luxury tax line? Yes in part, but also because he has a plan and Ennis just didn’t work the way that they had hoped. In fact we all know Morey has plans A thru Z.

Morey has been up against so many things in his time as the Rockets GM, more than we get to see.

Point of my rambling is I’m riding with Morey. Where were the haters last year when the team won 65 and made the conference finals?

Morey is accountable, able to turn mistakes around quickly and improve upon those mistakes. Who wouldn’t want that? Why are we forgetting the countless great moves Morey has made? I know I’m not.

naldodiaz, Jayzers_100 and YOLO like this.
  11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Morey looked and sounded depressed in his last TV interview. Someone should really check on the big guy. Is working for Tilman a death sentence? :(

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Danny Ainge is very overrated. He gets F in my book this season. Most GMs are really not good. It's hard to find a good GM. David Griffin knows how to spend the big money.
    Actually there is only 5 GMs get Grade A in my book this season: rankings
    Raptors
    76ers
    Bucks (the best team so far regular season)
    GS
    Nuggets (use cost saving system to win)

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I don't give grades to people until I see the results.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Has some results of improvements already:
    76ers acquired Butler and Harris. Raptors acquired Kawhi and Gasol.
    All Big 4 in the East have very good rookie contracts.
    OG Anunoby ---- 23th pick
    Siakam ----- 27th pick

15. Fishman5222

Fishman5222 Member

If Morey were fired, he would have a pick of jobs within a week. That's because he's really good.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still waves the flag for context and nuance.

topfive likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

In a league where players decide where they want to go in advance, Morey has been a damn good GM. A player has to want to come here for us to get them and even then, it depends on the other team wanting to play ball too.

20. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I get what you're saying...but would like to see how the season/playoffs turn out before we grade a GM on their transactions for this season. Also, Kawhi could walk and they get nothing. Same with Gasol, if I am not mistaken.