1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Shouts Out ClutchFans on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NOLArocket, Feb 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, I'm not the only 99er who attends summer league.
    I hope you obsess more about my brothers as you obsess about me

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Shoutout to the best GM in the league, we love you breh keep doing your thing (trolling warriors).

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

Man Daryl is a syraight up shooter. He just tells it like it is every time, not one GM in this league will be free talking like that.
    He must get fined a lot ;)

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

not one shoutout to teh @Jontro breh? i am disappoint, marley.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i like it

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is so freaking cool. I can't believe I'm just catching onto this story. I just read the NYT piece. Huge props to Batman Jones. I will literally fly down to Houston to see this musical. So freaking cool. Made my day to know this was happening ....and all because of the clutchfans connection. Amazing.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

MOREY IF YOU'RE READING THIS, GIVE ME A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF KRISPY KREMES!
    I WANT A TRIPLE CHIN TOO :D

8. plee

plee Member

or what positions the Texans should target in the draft/free agency...blah blah

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

hakeem94, BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's he talking about with 'the survey'?

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

They’re talking about the thread we made where we tracked down each of the voters to see who voted for who, before the NBA released the names after the award show aired.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Awesome, Aruba77! Give me a shout when you know when you're coming so I can try to be there to meet you in person and buy you a drink for coming. If Daryl's there that night I'll introduce you to him too. He's always so happy to talk to fans and when he comes to our plays (he's on our board of directors) he stays long after answering any questions anyone wants to ask him. @finalsbound came to a play and I introduced her to him and they had a great talk. I think he's probably the friendliest and most approachable GM in the league. And he has a great mind for theatre just as he seems to have a great mind for everything that interests him. And this project is my favorite project maybe ever, over my 25 year long career in theatre. The play is so different than anything anyone might imagine and it is so freaking funny. One doesn't need to be a basketball fan to appreciate the musical but it sure helps. Basketball fans (and players) will be the ones that have the most fun at this one. Hope you make it and that I get a chance to meet you in person. I always love to meet a clutchfan. :)

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

^ word, DM stood there and chatted with me for 20-25 minutes after the show. such an amazingly nice, down to earth person. got a selfie and everything.

I still need to decide which day i'm going and i'm worried i'll pick a game night! (however what a great opportunity for out of towners to fly in for a playoff game and a musical all in one weekend).

edit: playoffs start on the 14th. friday the 13th it is! :)

#53 finalsbound, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I told my wife I wanted to see a musical and she was ragging on me like 'when have you ever wanted to see a musical?'

I explained that it was about basketball and that confused her even more.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That made me LOL. Thanks.

Any Clutchfan that comes to see Small Ball, let me know you're coming and your first drink's on me.