1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Rides For Harden MVB Case on E!SPN TrueHoop Pod

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

now this is something I'm gonna look forward to listening to later on tonight

I hope that Morey wasn't on there being modest and made a STRONG case for Harden littered with facts, reasoning, and logic...I also hope his rebuttal game was strong because these Westbrook supporters will come at u with a lot of nonsense

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

MVB? Most Valuable Beard

DonKnock likes this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Precisely:)

heypartner likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is not winning the MVP. It's going to go to Westbrook - the media is going to go with the better story, and the better story is breaking Oscar Robinson's triple double record.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea
    This will be the second time he was f*cked out of the MVP

Rocket River

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly no it's not. The MVP is a media award. There's no definition of who deserves it and who doesn't. There is not statistical criteria. It's all subjective.

Plus honestly Westbrook did have a remarkable season. If Harden wins it, it sucks for Westbrook.

To me, they should be co-MVP's. You really can't say one is better than the other. The case is very strong for both. No on is getting f* here unless they give it to Kawaii Leonard.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I listened to this last night so I'm just going off memory, but he basically reiterated what is often said on here

-people thought that OKC would be better than Houston coming into the season...said that their employer ESPN ranked OKC's players much higher than Houston's coming into the season...now that the players on our team are seen as being so good should be a testament to how Harden has elevated his teammates

-an MVP coming from a 6th seed is unprecedented, Harden has elevated his team to the 3rd best record in the league

-Westbrook isn't the only one with a historic statline, Harden has one too

-Harden is the reason we're so good...u can find another good GM, another good coach, but u can't find another Harden

-all teams campaign for their guys, the Rockets are just being upfront about it

-it's easier to elevate a bad team to above average than it is to elevate a mediocre team to elite status like Harden has

-both Westbrook and Harden's value is primarily on offense, and Harden is the captain of 1 of the 10 best offenses in NBA history while OKC has a below average offense

-people suffer from confirmation bias and fall for easy storylines like the triple double

I might be forgetting some things, but that should cover most of it

oelman44, Deuce, Fullcourt and 3 others like this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What about all the times it sucked for James being left out. James has been in MVP consideration before this season. This is Westbrook's first consideration. What about when James also had a hell of a season and lost it to Curry because he was on a winning team? Now all of a sudden they going to hold the award later this year? This is getting ridiculous it was obvious Westbrook went out of his way this season to try to average a triple double, and now thats the only reason he's even considered. I mean, I thought people were on Curry's jock, this is worse.

My MVP's

1.James "better than westbrook' Harden
    2.Steph Curry
    3.Kawhi Leonard
    4.Lebron James (only because he sits some games, otherwise would be maybe #2 but not #1 over Harden)
    5.A tie between Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook

clos4life likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thank you!