1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on Dan Patrick in about 20 minutes....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by King1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, and i don't think it's something worth to be underlined much either, like, we had the best (or the second best, can't remember now) record in the second part of the regular season doesn't really mean that much (i can very well be wrong but Portland maybe had the third or fourth? And they were not a top 5 team in the league). I actually think to me the way we choked against OKC in the last game of the season and how we didn't take advantage of Durant being injured tells more than a record in a couple of months of regular season.

saleem, mikol13 and CCity Zero like this.
  2. UrbanEnterprise

**** what yall talking about

Our GM just said they going after a 3rd star through sign & trade

that's all I need to hear

HP3, RocketRed84, HoustonCRT and 6 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey says we have 2 superstars and are trying to add a 3rd, but where’s this 2nd superstar that we currently have on the roster at tho?

luckyman76 and Denovo like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He'll announce the name of the 3rd star I bet.

5. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

It’s just so much easier to apply a blanket statement instead of utilizing nuance when discussing different topics. It’s very frustrating to hear it in the media but even worse when you have friends who wanna talk sports but only on a surface level. First world problems indeed.

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

My guy. I finally joined the site.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

CP3 will look like a superstar again for 1 season. I'm calling it now. There's no way a dude as competitive as him is going to take all of this public slander. He was a true 2nd option in the last game for maybe the 10th time all season. He's changed his offseason training and his diet and I'm fairly confident he will be a great 3rd option next year and teams will be begging to trade for him come this time next year.

HP3, RocketRed84 and Deuce like this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good interview, but the offense clearly falls off in the playoffs last 3 years, and I think harden does get worse.

The solution isn't more mid-range, but faster pace and moving more imo. I'm with CP3 there. Have to do the little things that impact the game.

But otherwise I agree with Morey. They should stick with the plan and try to add another start and good role players.

jboslett, tc0330 and Chad Butler like this.
  9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Some of you guys are so damn spoiled. Do you realize how many fan bases would kill for our type of problems?

HP3, RayRay10, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

much respect to Chad

Chad Butler likes this.
  11. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Likewise.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. basketballholic

This is awful.

HP3 and Deuce like this.
  13. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Offense needs to be diversified. More wrinkles and counters and ball movement.

The more guys get a chance to touch the rock, the better it’ll be for them as far as staying in a rhythm and being engaged on defense.

Let Chris start games out playing point guard and let Harden be the point guard when Chris is sitting. Chris needs the touches to be effective and Harden could exert less energy and be more efficient if he’s playing off the ball.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  14. mastan

mastan Member

To all CP3 haters... look back at Rockets before the arrival of CP3...Harden's famous game 6 at home against Spurs without Kawhi ,... that's where Rockets may go back if CP3 got traded not for equal value.

15. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can take all of these interviews with a grain of salt. The most important thing Morey is trying to get out of in front of all of the negative recruiting against the Rockets. Free Agency is coming up and you need to spin as much positivity as you can before it begins. I feel pretty certain other teams are trying to actively spin a bunch of half truths.

Vivi likes this.
  16. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Bruh, we get that you don't believe in "CP0" as you call him. What is Morey supposed to say?.. he cannot publicly state that Chris has lost a step and is no longer a superstar. That makes zero sense coming from a man in his position.

17. basketballholic

We learned nothing from that. Patrick wanting to talk about midrange shooting and trading Chris Paul, neither of which is going to happen.

Utterly useless. Close the thread.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, they quickly sorted out the Lakers, Kirby homers and Golden State bois.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Terrible "analysis," I honestly cannot understand how folks can listen to garbage like this.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey needs to work on making deals, not on this PR duty that Tilman put him on.

basketballholic likes this.