1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Who are all of these non Rocket fans "China supporters" on this thread!

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No Morey should not resign. This is now bigger than basketball. Stand up against communism. DMOREY = Rocky
    CHINA= Ivan Drago

Plowman and jayfree like this.
  3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

So
    NBA= Apollo Creed?? :p

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yo guys I'm seeing a lot of debate around money vs values of the NBA celebrities, so curious question if u have to take 15% paycut to support HK protest would u do it?

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If I made millions absolutely. I can say that without hesitation.

A 15 percent paycut for me would basically wipeout any money I'm saving and leave me treading water approaching the mid point of my life. LeBron would have to settle for the gold toilet instead of the platinum.

6. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Morey besieged by 170,000 tweets as part of a pro-China troll campaign:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-one-tweet-turned-pro-china-trolls-against-the-nba-11571238943

“It looks like there were humans at the keyboard for many of these posts,” Nimmo said. “This wasn’t primarily a bot swarm. It was a troll mob. Which is a lot harder to deal with.”

"The Wall Street Journal’s analysis was based on 168,907 tweets at Morey between Oct. 4 and Oct. 10 captured by Clemson University researchers Darren Linvill and Patrick Warren."

"It shows that 22% came from accounts with 0 followers at some point last week and 50% were from accounts with fewer than 13 followers. There were 4,855 total users in all who had never tweeted until they replied to Morey, and 3,677 accounts didn’t exist until his tweet."