1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey:FIRST HUGE MISTAKE!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

I can't believe it came down to this!!! We trade away a great contract in McGrady and our best power forward for Martin a guy that has missed at least 20 games a year the past 3 yrs and who we will still have to pay $46 million over the NEXT THREE YEARS.

Next I read in Yahoo that Sac has intentions of trade T-Mac to the Knicks for our deal Hill, Jared, and co and the TWO PICKS!!!

We gave away WAY TOO MUCH and missed out on important building blocks. Wow, my confidence in the trade is really shaky. Since we gave away the league best contract and one of the league best 6th man for Martin - a good scorer but he is constantly injured and is owed way too much money.

I have never wrote just a negative post, but this just obvious bad ... just really bad. :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...?slug=ys-kingstrade021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

3 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fail thread.

IB4TL.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you have been here for nearly 10 years and you felt like you needed to start a new thread? :rolleyes:

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We gave up the biggest expiring in the league for the same type of player pretty much and gave up our best player this saeson..

Signing Trevor To the 5 yr deal was the 1st bad move btw.

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Really?

I thought Lebron James has a pretty good contract.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Hmm... I heard that he made a huge mistake trading for Bobby Jackson? Then made a huge one trading our starting point guard for Kyle Lowry? And what was he doing grabbing a small point guard and undersized power forward in the same draft?

Everything he's done was initially frowned upon. Hence I'll reserve judgment this time for now.

2 people like this.
  7. fayesun

fayesun Member

i just dont understand why Morey wanna involve Landry in this trade :eek:

8. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

You do realize that if NY gets involved, we would most likely get some of their pieces, right?

9. krockets

krockets Member

Tmac's contract is only good until the trade deadline.. But I do miss Landry, I freaking like the guy..

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but Morey's first big mistake was drafting nobody Carl Landry over proven studs like CDR and Big Baby.

His 2nd big mistake was to trade the starting PG on a perenial 50-win team for a 3rd string PG on one of the worst teams in the league.

This is his 3rd big mistake. Get your facts straight!

4 people like this.
  11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

If this is true, the Kings played us like a violin. They get the deal the Rockets WANTED to get plus Landry. :eek:

Kudos to Geoff Petrie if he can get all those pieces by just giving up Kevin Martin.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't forget about drafting that midget Brooks.

And ending up with 3 players on draft night when we went into it with zero picks.

Also, we owe him 36 M for the next three seasons.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly that is how I have looked at every move he has made. The guy is always questions but then a few months laters we are like "damn" that boy knows he is doing.

46 Million over 3 years for a guy that is putting up numbers like crazy? I think it's worth it.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Like it was his idea? It's the cost of doing business.

15. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

How about we just wait and see how this turns out before calling it a"HUGE MISTAKE."

#15 TheGM, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Dude, the Kings aren't going to flip him. The deal isn't even finalized. If the Knicks get involved, it's going to be a 3 way trade. If we still get picks (protected or not) and/or Hill from the Knicks, that's just gravy.

17. Rocketman2000

Nevermind.

#17 Rocketman2000, Feb 18, 2010
  18. Rocketman2000

Why because I think this is bad deal .. who made you hall monitor. :rolleyes:

19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

i did not get that idea at all from the article. what makes you say this??(i hope to god your right)

20. Rocketman2000

By the way I have been on this board longer then 10 years .. I was on this board when this site was Clutchcity.com instead of .net

So yeah, I think I have earned the right to express my opinion on a new thread.

I LOVE THE ROCKETS, but I have to call them like I see it this time. :(

#20 Rocketman2000, Feb 18, 2010