1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Calm the eff down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then why sign MCW first? Could have signed him in the end.

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

that means Anderson will be still with us until April.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man.... by saying you have until the deadline you do 3 things.

1. Admit things aren't looking great right now
    2. Admit you're behind in the chase for the 1st seed which is important against GSW
    3. Admit you are no longer in control and will gamble/scramble - HOPING - to recover late in the season

Ouch.

Also, based on what I have read from Morey & T. Brown - I think Ferttita has his guys on damage control.

#63 Ziggy, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    daywalker02 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I agree we won't need our best team until april

So last april morey admits that the best he can come up with was a 7 man rotation of harden, injury prone cp3, ariza, tucker, capela, ego, and green

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Translation: Please buy season tickets NOW. Please. Eat at Landry's. Go to Kemah or Lake Charles. Plz, God, I beg.

CK Johnson and J.R. like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know what happened to the boy who waited until April 15th for "our best team".

[​IMG]

He lived happily ever after.

7. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

real talk.

macan likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's July ****ing 10, and some of you are acting like the season is going to start tomorrow. Give the man time to do his work, for ****'s sake. We acquired Harden the day before the season started. Until the playoff rosters are set in April, I'm not panicking about this team.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes or No. Chris Paul's deal costs lots of money for the owner, so the owner becomes more carful for spending money for other players. I am not talking MLE, I am talking the deal for Capela, or others.

Do you learn a lesson from GS or Cavs? KD took less money to keep other players around, and Lebon got his friends for the max money, results speak themselves.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I'm not panicking now but were you perfectly okay last april with a 7 man rotation of harden, injury prone cp3, ariza, tucker, capela, ego, and green?

LabMouse likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

In April we will sign Brendan Wright and Joe Johnson equivalents and have them not play in the playoffs

12. HTM

HTM Member

Or we could be realistic.

We lost two of our best wing defenders and didn't make an upgrade at any single position. Our roster right now is clearly far worse than it was in June. Additionally, looking at the landscape of the NBA most all impact players are signed and we don't have 1. cap room to sign anyone or 2. very good assets to get anyone to trade with us.

So, yea, it's a real turd sandwich. You don't need to wait until April 2019 to determine that.

What exactly can Morey realistically do to add to the team between now and October that is going to make us better with no caproom and no assets? He isn't a freaking wizard.

13. Fyreball

I think, if nothing else, Morey has shown an ability to learn from his mistakes, and make swift and concise decisions remedying those mistakes. I fully expect this team to be better protected against injury than last year. In fact, I think that's a major reason why he let Luc and Trevor walk. Luc has been injury-prone throughout his entire career, and Trevor, while being reliable, clearly showed signs of slowing down last year.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Moreys method screws us yet again. That no player option bull**** (or whatever it is) is for the birds!

15. fiersdownbelow

Luc is an injury waiting to happen and Ariza kinda sucks now... who's panicking?

16. Fyreball

That's exactly what we were saying on October 26, 2012. A day later, we acquired our franchise cornerstone, and the player that would change the course of this team for the foreseeable future. You call yourself realistic.....yet, in my opinion, it's more realistic to have faith in the man that has us knocking on the door of a championship. Let him do his work.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree with this to a degree. I think a lot of us see the roster as constructed, the financial constraints, and the prize (beating golden state) and just can not reconcile how we get there. At least I can't. Yea he could pull some magic out of his rectum. But those (harden trade) are few and far between. Defense is what allowed us to win 65 games last year. We lost two of our best defenders and didn't get anything in return. No cap space, nothing. I am not hyperventilating by any stretch. It is just an unimportant game. But, as a fan. I do have to wonder. What the F is going on. Was last year not fun? Do we not want to be as close as we can to repeating last year or going further? So far all I have seen are the steps back. Maybe this will end up being 2 steps back for 4 steps forward. But so far it has just been the two steps back. MCW doesn't move the needle. Dude is such a bad shooter he needs to sit to take a piss cause he probably can't get the stream into the commode.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, he is really fast ditching that 20 million Ryno mistake.

Also he always praises 3 pt shooting but gets all the below average shooters on deck.

19. HTM

HTM Member

We actually had assets in October 2016... so, yea, the situation is pretty different.

20. Fyreball

When has a player option ever worked in the favor of an organization?? If you're opting out, it's because you outplayed your contract and want to get paid more over a longer period of time. If you opt in, it's because you know you would never get that same kind of value on the open market. So please explain to me how Morey has screwed us "yet again."

chievous minniefield and Nook like this.