1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Moochie Norris and Bryce Drew

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Mar 3, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

I'm sad for Bryce Drew. I really liked him because of his great shot and floater. He really seemed to be improving.

But I'm on the Moochie Bandwagon. This guy is much more athletic than Bryce is. Plus he's got better handles, and better court vision. It seems he's got better court vision than Franchise also(although moochie is older).

I don't know whether Bryce can or cannot be a backup. Personally, I think Moochie is better than Bryce Drew. It shouldn't matter if your a backup or starter. If your good, then you come in and play well. And moochie has done that more.

Calvin Murphy sometimes talks about players who just can't find their niche on certain teams, but once they get on the right team, they play real well. Look at Rodney Rogers. I think that's the case with Bryce Drew. Whether as backup or starter, I think he WILL be on a different team next year.

2. djones

djones Member

i think the problem with Drew is that he is not aggresive unless he is starting. It seems like when he is coming off the bench, he is scared to shot or create. When he starts he goes all out. Scoring 20 pts, shooting floaters over big men. Off the bench he is a totally different guy. The confidence level then seems to fall. Moochie is a player that has confidence in his game no matter what, and it taking advantage of his opportunity. The addition of Moochie to "Backcourt 2000" is a plus. If we can get Cat and Steve to make some better decisions with the ball, they would be perfect. Gotta love'em though!