1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moe's review of Jedi Power Battles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Jun 3, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

yeah ,yeah, I know another star wars game . But let me say this "This is the best Star wars game out for Playstation yet" I Went to Wal*Mart and shelled out 43.06 for Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles . I dont know why the name is so long . The game is pretty good though . You choose between 5 characters .the favorites include Qui Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi plus Mace Windu these three being the only who appear in the movie . there are 10 levels and they are all very hard and long .(those stupid battle droids get on my nerves , you have to press you shield button at the exact moment the droid shoots and is own laser beam will blow him up) .Quite challenging indeed and the Bosses are very hard as well . A cool option for the Game is the 2 player mode in which you and a friend or family member can yell at each other for hours about who should have gotten the extra health . So if you like challenging games this is a good one . There is Jedi Mode and Easy Mode .Jedi Mode being the hard mode . So if you want to check it out go ahead but rent it first because some people cant handle the heat [​IMG]

Overall Rating **4 stars** [​IMG]

*Legend
    1 star - Rented it and brought it back the next day
    2 stars - Rented it and tried to play it
    3-stars - Average might Buy it
    4-stars - A good game probably should buy it
    5-stars - great Game! Buy it ...NOW!!

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

2. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

I also played the game and agree with your assesment of it. However, you forgot to mention that you can build up experience points for the 5 guys for just playing the game (provided you use a memory card). At least they let you get something while your butt's getting kicked on the lower levels. I like the game a lot. It reminds me of Contra for the 8-bit Nintendo. Remember this? Up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start. Oh, the days of a much simpler time. 8 bits, and a control pad with only 5 buttons.

------------------
    visit my website @ http://home.icq.com/bayoucitybob/

1999-2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ahh yes the original Nintendo 8 bit . I still had my NES system in 1996 when SNES Sega Genesis had already been out for a long time and Playstation and N64 were just coming out . My all time favotire game is Ice Hockey for NES that game is so freakin' fun!I didnt really know what the expo points meant in Star Wars JPB thanks for the tip
    Oh does anyone know how to beat that Rolling Moster with a spiked tail who knocks boulders on you? I cant beat him

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

4. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

I still have my 8-bit. Had it since X-Mas '88. I have the classic Ice Hockey too, w/ the fat, medium, & skinny guys. Among my other games I have Double Dragon, Mega Man 2, & Baseball Simulator 1000. I also have an SNES but I don't have many games for it outside of the Marios and Donkey Kongs.

Rob

------------------
    visit my website @ http://home.icq.com/bayoucitybob/

1999-2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock