1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley VS. Carter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Voice of Reason, Jan 18, 2001.

1. The Voice of Reason

I dont often post in this forum, but I feel as though these trade talks have over shadowed something of importance.

WE WON A BASKETBALL GAME!!!
    not only did we win a game, but it was on national TV. This was a chance for houston to show the world how good we really are. More than just that It was a chance to show free agents like Webber what the rockets are capable of. Maybe you Texans are too polite or something, maybe you are dead, but I was louder sitting in front of the TV than the whole damn arena combined. I mean Damn you had your Rockets winning wire to wire. I LOVED WATCHING THAT!! You had a match up of the 2 finalists from last years slamdunk contest on the same floor. I loved watching that!!. You had Cat shut down Carter, and even take it right at him for a couple of plays. I REALLY LOVED THAT!!

this game was great. the BBS should be buzzing of this victory, not hakeem having a fit.

an observation of the game. I saw shandon anderson play bad D. he got called for stupid fouls, and was terrible on help D.
    I saw Cuttino shut Vince down. of VCs 10 ptas in first half only 4 were on mobley the others resulted from poor coverage by D helpers. In the second half this trend continued, but the defence loosened as the rockets pulled away and vince got garbage points.

All in all this was a fun night for me, and now almost 2 days later, it is still a nice feeling to know how we played on TV, but The fans of houston should be ashamed of how docile they were in the arena.

there should be 500 tickets given away to the 500 most enthusiastic fans that show up each and every game.

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Finally someone says what I have quietly been thinking about for the longes.... our crowd SUCKS BIG TIME !! the tkts have gotten so expensive that only the rich folks that don't want to be seing screaming their heads off go to those games... I have gone to 3 games this yr. and at one point (when Mo was not getting too many rbs) I yelled out a comment about him getting a rebound ... I swear to you guys Mo Taylor actually heard me and pointed in my general direction and smiled (not to mention all the freaking laughs I got alllll around me ) ... guess where I was ??? upper deck people.... is that a shame or what.. and no am not a loud screamer ??

------------------
    If you are a positive thinking person but yet you listen to country music, isn't that odd?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what also sucks, is you guys could have contributed to our very same sentiments in:

<FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana, Arial">
    <A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010549.html">Props to Cat getting better of Vince Two Games</A>
    </FONT>

Read the whole thread and contribute. My bud and I were not sitting on our hands!! You owe us at least a response to the thread. you too 3pointer! And when are we going to meet again after a game!

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 18, 2001).]

4. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

(I guess I'm heyp's "bud". No pun intended.)

Don't say "our crowd SUCKS BIG TIME". Come out and shout with me.

I start almost every DE-FENSE chant that I hear in the upper deck. You know what? After I shout DE-FENSE the first time, the guy 2 rows in front usually starts in too. Sometimes the guy one section over and five rows down chants too. Sometimes I can hear someone joining me from the lower deck. Don't whine, come out and shout.

At least when it's quiet in the Summit, the players can hear you from the upper deck.

5. The Voice of Reason

Sorry Haypee,

i looked for a relative thread, but i must have not looked hard enough.

as far as complaining about the fans at the games rather than joining them, well that would be hard for me, i live 100 miles east of NYC.

so I will have to leave the screaming to you guys.peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com