1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley or Drew, one has to go !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 18, 2000.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets can not keep 4 quality guards. There is not enough playing time for all 4. One of them will leave at the end of their contract.

So, my question is, who is worth more on the Market, Drew or Mobley?

I personally would trade Mobley. I get so frustrated watching him make the same STUPID mistakes over and over again. I am beginning to think this guy is either uncoachable or just plain DUMB !! I actually saw him wave off Dream, when Hakeem had INSIDE position on a post up. Cat waved him off, and threw up some wild A$$ shot that had no chance.

You can not question Cat's heart, but IMHO he is too much of a loose cannon. I would take the heady play of Drew over Mobley anyday.

One quote from Nick Van Exel says it all. When he was asked about Cuttino, he said this..."He can play, he is crazy though, but he CAN play" If Nick is calling you crazy, something is amiss.

DaDakota

"Trade Cuttino for Mashburn or McGrady...or Jamison...but by all means..trade him.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Mobley is worth more than Drew on the basketball market. However, if you are talking fan market, its Drew with his legion of girls.

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited February 18, 2000).]

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Why one? Send them both!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Plus, I forgot to add the biggest advantage of all. WE WOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP MOOCHIE !!!

MOOCHIE...MOOCHIE..MOOCHIE....

DaDakota

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Did you see his crossover? Man they were good. He is better than Bryce Drew.

6. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

i would trade drew. because mobley can play quality minutes at the two spot and when francis is out, he could take the point. and next season i think it is guarenteed that francis will be playing 40+ minutes a game, so we don't need another point....we would just be wasting drews tallent if we kept him.
    and i don't think drew can play the two spot that decently in the nba anyway

------------------
    "A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions"

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

how tall is drew and how tall is cat.... i say we trade drew cause at least cat gives some fire off the bench. maybe give him less minutes when he is a loose cannon. he's crazy but there are time when we need a gutless freak especially at critical shots. he feels no pressure just take that shot... he needs to wo rk on it but it hi nk it will come ..... drew is alright but i would like to see moochie play first. i want to compare the styles and the stats..... anyone got his stats when he was with the sonics... even though he had insomnia... is it cured now ?,,,, well anyways if he can still play with insomnia then maybe it ain't so bad lol just kiddin. who knows. and oh i'm not a girl so i could care less about keeping drew for his looks

8. alaskansnowman

I like both Mobley and Drew, but if I had to pick one to leave, I would say Drew. Mobley has talent, but like Van Exel said, he is too crazy. But I'm sure that will all calm down soon, whether due to the maturing process or to the coaching staff telling him to stop.

I must say that Drew also has a lot of talent. A killer shot and floater can make you a very good player. The only thing is that I see more potential with Mobley than with Drew. Not only that but, dont' forget that Francis and Mobley are best friends. I don't wanna break that up.

And finally, as someone said earlier, there's MORE PLAYING TIME FOR MY NEW BOY MOOCHIE.

BTW, I've never even seen moochie play, so could someone please describe him? I have seen Moochie, and he looks A LOT more athletci than Drew... maybe even as athletic as franchise?