1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor Trade Rumours

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Jan 13, 2000.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Just listening to Fred Carter Chat on espn and they mention a detroit paper reported that Maurice Taylor may be traded to Detroit for John Crotty, Eric Montross and multiple draft picks.
    I know the clips are reluctant to re-sign Taylor for the maximum figure that he wants and I know they have made some bone head fromt office mistakes in the past but this is ridiculous, surely the rockets could offer some combination better than two bench warmers and draft picks, ie Thomas and Drew.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe salary cap limitations prohibit the Rockets from doing a similar trade? That would be my guess.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

3. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

if not what about this trade:

rockets get:
    mo taylor
    keith closs

cilppers get:
    walt williams
    kenny thomas
    our 2nd round pick
    bryce drew

4. CaucasionSensation

Brahma,

Keith Closs? Are you okay? Why in the heck would we want him? He has anemia, bolemia or something.

5. Swoopes22

Swoopes22 Member

How about our #1 pick + Drew for Taylor?

Mo probably doesn't make that much more than Bryce since they were both drafted in the mid-teens. We get a young PF with a nice outside shot to go with Cato at C. We avoid the rookie-starter growing pains next year.
    We'd lose a lot of our "Dream retirement" cap space after giving Mo an extension but there's not gonna be that much talent in the 2001 free agent pool anyway since most of the 1998 first rounders signed 4 year deals instead of 3.

To replace Bryce Drew we could sign Drew Barry for the rest of the season and then get a back-up point guard in the second round of the college draft like Gee Gervin or Ivan Wagner.

Next year:
    SF: Carlos Rogers/Walt Williams/Matt Bullard
    PF: Maurice Taylor/Kenny Thomas
    C: Kelvin Cato/Hakeem Olajuwon/Pig Miller
    PG: Steve Francis/2nd round pick
    SG: Shandon Anderson/Cuttino Mobley

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

Drew Barry???

Let me tell you something about drew barry.Over here in Australia the Sydney Kings signed barry after there previous import (Acie Earl!?!) though he should have been treated like a star.LOLOL
    Anyway Barry played a handfull of games and played.....If I told you how badly he played Id get barred for foul language.
    He was that bad in a second rate (Im being VERY kind to the Aussie league saying that!) basketball league.They cut him because he was so crap.They cut him from a team barely able to stay in the Aussie playoffs!
    They cut him in favour of a Streetballer from california!!!!!

Thats how bad barry is.Sorry for going on a bit but Barry is pathetic.Id be discusted if we had to stoop so low to get some guy who's basketball tallent stops at his name.

By The way I wouldnt mind getting Taylor but I think he'll ask for more then he is worth when his contract expires.Then we'll end up with nothing.

Christopher

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Sorry, but Mo Taylor is nowhere close to being worth a high lottery pick. I would never trade our pick unless I was getting a sure steal.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

With the stage this team is at in rebuilding I wouldnt give up our top pick unless I heard the words "Duncan" or "Hill".

Mo Taylor puts up big numbers on a terrible team.He's not worth tearing our team up to get.

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

thacabbage,

Where have you been hiding?
    TDS99 was wondering what happened to you and nobody knew.

Mango

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

it's good to see your alive cabbage.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

As many times as I've advocated bring Mo onboard the Rockets team, I have to agree that he isn't worth us giving up our first round pick.

Christopher is right, he puts up numbers on a bad team. There isn't much we could offer to get him anyhow.

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Alive and well. [​IMG]

As far as Maurice Taylor goes, I would be willing to bet a good heap of change that per-minute, he is absolutely the worst starting big man rebounder in the NBA. Now that's something that doesnt make a $70 million man.

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

thacabbage,

I went and pulled the Pacific Dvision stats for rebounds and Mo doesn't compare to well.

MPG Total Rebounds

Clips
    Taylor 35.7 6.4
    Olawokandi 30.8 8.1

GS
    Marshall 28.1 9.2
    Jamison 35.3 7.8
    Caffey 28.4 7.6
    Foyle 22.3 6.4

Lakers
    Shaq 39 14.5
    Green 25.1 6.8
    Horry 20.3 5.3

Suns
    Cliff R 33.8 4.5
    Kidd 40.2 7.1
    Tom G 31.7 8.1
    Longley 20.3 4.5

Seattle
    Payton 41.9 6.0
    Baker 37.8 8.4
    H Grant 36.5 8.7
    Patterson 26.3 5.9

Kings
    Webber 36.4 10.9
    Divac 28.7 7.6

Portland
    Wallace 34.9 7.3
    Pippen 35.2 6.9
    Sabonis 24.4 7.2
    B Grant 20.4 5.4

I didn't look at the blocked shot figures, but I doubt if he ranks very high in that area either.

Mango

14. wizard

wizard Member

what Ivan wagner he cant handle the point when in crucial situations in college!waht makes you think we'll draft him to play point guard?