1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MMQB] The Case for Keenum

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by shastarocket, Nov 8, 2013.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Too long to post, see the rest at the link:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/08/case-keenum-houston-texans-analysis/

2. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

montana to rice

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Great article.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've been lucky to become acquainted with some of the players.

I was told that Schaub lost the team early, as a lot of the team thinks he "sucked".

Case tore up the 1st team d repeatedly in practice squad last year

Kubiak chews players out like no other behind closed doors(that's for those who claimed he doesn't), but the team loves the guy to no end. Many players will say he is the best coach they've ever played for.

^^^^
    That's why I think he is staying.

1 person likes this.
  4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Kubiak did a great job changing the offense to become more suited to Keenum and opened it up more as he gained experience. For that alone, he has my respect.

Regardless, McNair needs to seriously sit down with Kubiak in the offseason and figure out his vision for next year. If Kubiak truly is a QB-friendly coach, he will deliver another potent offense that allows Keenum to shine.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kubiak is staying. This team has a young qb looking to become a star. Even if they draft a Bridgewater/Manziel/Mariota, who better to coach them.

I am convinced that Kubiak made Schuab what he is. The play calling was always there, but when you have a qb that averaged almost 5 yards a throw when he is an accurate passer, that presents problems.

6. conquistador#11

who is this case fellow? so he played for UofH? interesting.

I like it, bill.

7. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

This is the problem that most people dont realize with Kubiak. The so called "conservative"offense was more so because of schaub than kubiak. in fact its the same plays that we've seen schaub run 1000 times. Keenum is not scared the throw it deep, schaub always was.

We've always had WR's and TE's running by the coverage yet it would still result in a dump off to someone over the middle. That's Schaub, not Kubiak.

As a head coach has he fundementally made some mistakes, but a lot of them he's learned from. (see what his winning % is on challenges now vs several years ago)