1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MMQB] In case anyone needed more evidence that Peter King is a hack...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Cat, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Mashing

Mashing Member

It'd be hilarious is someone on Inside the NFL called him out on this, but it'd never happen.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think it's good when he says it's a road trip from hell.... That means he'll be very impressed when we go 3-0.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think you are overreacting to this article.

The Patriots gave up 31 and almost lost to a Bills team and had issue with a Jets team...both that were considered playoff contenders coming into the season. Nobody doubts that they have defensive issues over there in New England, but they can flat out light teams up.

The Texans needed a ton of luck to beat the Jags. The Jags were a contender for the #1 pick in the upcoming draft coming into this season.

4. Mashing

Mashing Member

Luck? What did lady luck do to help us win that game? I'm pretty sure most of the bounces went their way (Shaub recovering his own fumble could be considered luck I suppose).

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans had as much bad luck in the Jags game as good luck..... hell look at the 1st down differential...

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

i kind of like how they are not kissing our behinds. feel much better proving them wrong. somebody should do a texan version of the shaq rap dissing kobe at the end of the playoffs.:grin:

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Thanks but we didn't need anymore evidence. He is on the Mount Rushmore of Hack.

Remember that Brett Farve to Texans last year he literally made up on TV on the spot with no information at all.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont know about you...but these 3 games are super crucial...going 1-2 is not an option...I want all AFC playoff teams coming through Houston...

Lions are still extremely dangerous...and have dirty players...so must make sure our studs dont get knicked up...

The Titans game is big...b/c win that and we wrap up the division...

Finally, the Pats game is huge just because its against one of the best in our division

going 2-1 during this road trip is fine...1-2 and we may lose homefield advantage...something i really dont wanna do...The Texans should aim to do better than 4-2 for the rest of the season

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Bills have a lower-ranked defense than the Jags.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/opp.htm

I don't care what preseason expectations were. That's part of King's problem. If putting up 37 on Buffalo proves New England can "light teams up", putting up 43 on Jacksonville should prove a similar thing for the Texans.

10. ThaShark316_28

12-1 with 2 routs.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Pat's lost to the Card's and Seahawks and needed a ton of luck to beat the Jets/Bills.

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Eh whatever. Only ranking that matters for this team is if they win the last game of the post season.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

This made me laugh.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

jesus dude, b**** much? believe it or not, he's actually heaped tons of praise on the texans this year and even went so far as to say he thought either the texans or broncos could easily beat the patriots on any given day. on top of that, he specifically mentions aj and schaub in this week's mmqb. he may not be the world's greatest sports writer (and i'm actually not a huge fan of his) but he has to cover the entire league, you do realize that, right?

super defensive homer is super defensive.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

What an original comment.:rolleyes:

16. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

10-4 if u dont count dis year.......10-5 if u do

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

we handing out awards for originality now?

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

How did the Texans fair against the Bills defense? They held us far below our season average.

19. The Cat

jesus dude, read much? I in no way accused King of being biased against the Texans. He has an excellent relationship with several of our players and coaches/executives and genuinely likes the team. That's not my criticism. I accused him of being lazy, uninspired and uninformed. It's very possible to cover the entire league with depth and without making up facts. Michael Silver does it every Monday for Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--m...-and-pose-threat-to-rest-of-nfc-19224381.html

super ignorant complainer argues to argue.

20. The Cat

Different scenario because the Texans took the air out of the ball in the fourth quarter to run clock. They weren't in a dogfight where they had to keep throwing and putting up points.