1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLE targets for free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Unfortunately there's no way that KCP or Bradley will be lured by "a prove your worth in a championship contender" contract. Especially Bradley will go just to the highest bidder even if it's the Kings.

Nook likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, with those guys that seems likely.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Every year I just want mo speights lol weird

D-rock, hakeem94 and Cstyle42 like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As a stretch 5, I wouldn't be surprised if he lands on the Rockets down the road. I think he signed a deal with a Chinese team. I could see him on the Rockets at vet min in March.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

he plays on the magic

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are right of course but the number of teams who can offer those contracts are slim.

This might be the worst year to be a free agent ever. Not only are there few teams with cap room but they are also trying to save bullets for next year. Might see a lot of guys take one year deals

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Last season.

Like I was saying....

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I fully expect some 1 year deals. It could be a tough market. Teams with the FULL MLE to burn might get some good deals too.

Then you have teams like Atlanta who have cap room but are not trying to "win now" and are not going to clog up their cap with role players.

Not sure what the Bulls are going to do. @Nook any read on what the Bulls are going to do?

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I mean I’m only saying this because I believe he is the type of player that would take a vet min with zero expectation at this point of his career. I think it comes down to either us or warriors for those kind of players plus whatever team Lebron goes to.
    Some posters are throwing out multiple names of players who we’d be lucky if they consider the mid-level. Assuming Harden CP and EG are all back I’d much rather Crawford for the vet min over Tyreke for full mid-level and using that MLE for a player for our front court.

10. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls are interesting. They claim they are planning on being very active for the higher level free agents in 2019 and will look for young value signings in 2018. They have rebuffed opportunities to add contracts like Parsons, Anderson and Chandler in exchange for assets. This all leads me to believe that they plan on a very quick rebuild. They believe they have their 5 & 4 established and possibly their 1 (although I don’t think they like Dunn) and will fill the other holes with free agency in 2019. Also they have a head coach that is fighting for his job. So in short, they are being the same Bulls that they have been for nearly 20 years.

Deuce and justtxyank like this.