1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB All-Star Game Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by adrian, Jun 10, 2003.

1. adrian

adrian Member

Don't forget to log on MLB.com and vote for the Astros players, I mean your favorite players.

http://mlb.com

AC

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Last I checked, Berkman is not even in the top 10, although Kent and Bags lead their positions.

3. BALLhog 247 365

berkman recently has gotten hot, but before that he was hovering around .240 and doin nothing.

4. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Remember...vote early and vote often!:D

5. adrian

adrian Member

Ya, you can vote 25 times, per email address, so go at it, every little bit counts, I usually try to vote during my down tme at work. One thing I wish the Astros would do is encourage the voting more like the Rockets did during the home games. The Rocks would give you a free t-shirt if you filled out 100 ballots, and a signed t-shirt for 300. I know a lot of people would be willing to do it during a game, especially baseball, which moves slow and many peeps can have their mom, girlfriend, grandma, lil' sister do it, while one enjoys the game.

AC

6. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

Lets go Stros!!.. this years All star game should be fun..with the rule change... although it seems Barry might not play :( hopefully lance,kent,billy, and maybe Roy and Jeff can make it in! I think kent and Lance should for sure, even though lance isnt so hot right now...

7. adrian

adrian Member

I would imagine that Kent, Billy and Bags, by way of getting voted in are for sure. Also with the publicity of the No Hitter, Dotel should get some consideration. Now with Bonds probably not wanting to play then you might see Berkman sneak in there, but the thing that might affect that is that every team has to have an All Star, that means the Pirates Rickey Henderson might make it in, a scrub from Milwaukee and San Diego could also hurt his chances.

AC

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rickey Henderson isn't on the Pirates. I believe you're thinking of Kenny Lofton.

9. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Henderson is looking for a job....perhaps we should pick him up:rolleyes: hehehe!

10. adrian

adrian Member

You're right I meant Kenny Lofton.

AC

11. SLA

SLA Member

Hooray for the Jeff's!

12. adrian

adrian Member

Just a reminder, Bagwell has fallen behind Todd Helton by 8,000 votes, I know he's slumping but let's still get him into the All Star Game.

AC

13. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Kent's lead is shrinking and Bagwell's lead is VERY VERY minute. Let's get Bags and Kent in as starters, considering no other Astro will probably not make it with the exception of Wagner.

VOTE!!!

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Okay, NOW do you guys wanna start voting?!?!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/n...&content_id=389400&vkey=allstar2003&fext=.jsp

:(

Come on, VOTE!

15. adrian

adrian Member

Mooch is right, let's all vote Bagwell and Kent into the All-Star Game.

AC

16. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Marcus Giles? wow. I guess Ill vote once Kent deserves to be there

18. adrian

adrian Member

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but voting ends in 3 days and Bags & Kent are trailing in their respective categories by only a few votes. And for those who say, "they don't deserve to be there, blah, blah, blah." Well look at Sammy, look at Vlad, do they deserve to be starting? Probably not, let's get some more Astros on the All Star team.

AC

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I refuse to vote for Bagwell. I couldn't care less about who else doesn't deserve to be there, I know for a fact that Jeff Bagwell does not deserve to be anywhere close to Chicago on the 15th.

20. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I voted for the Atlanta players I thought should go but Giles wasn't one of them, I voted for Kent instead. I couldn't vote for Bagwel however, Helton deserves it more.