1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitch Lawrence NAILS it on Pippen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, May 21, 2000.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, this whole thread just reminded me... anybody know how Jenna's doin'? [​IMG]

------------------
    ?

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

DoD,

You stole my thunder.

Where is Jenna?
    Reincarnated as a Blazer/Pippen fan.

Mango

------------------
    Arch Stanton lives!

Donate Blood!

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

JCBlazersGirl33- you've missed so many points by so many posters here, I don't know where to start.

The quote about Scottie making the 3pter. I read the whole thing. The point is, Culpepper added "....which he wouldn't mind." The entire point of all those quotes was to show how universally journalists, coaches, and players (especially Stoudamire!) all agree that Scottie is just a fantastic role player who does better when he isn't the offensive focal point and doesn't have to perform like an all star. Doesn't have to be The Man. In other words, everything that was expected of him by us when signing him for the max. I assume, since that is the only thing you could come up with after reading my post, that for the most part you get my point. All the reasons that Pippen is good for your team are the exact same reasons why we hate him.

Please re-read your posts to see how you have Portrayed the Portland fans of your BBS as the poor victims of Rocket fan's obscenity, and at the same time somehow "know" that Portland fans wouldn't do that to us. That is ridiculous.

You say that it's my perogative not to troll a Grizz BBS defending Steve. I have another term for that. I have class.
    Absolutely no way in Hell would I ever go to a Grizz board with a handle like, say, "StevieRockzz!", and within my first few posts start giving my take about why Francis is great. Hey, I have no lack of articles from Houston journalists to back me up. I'm not going to bother. It would be juvenile. There is no way I would even get any kind of well-thought out discussion from those guys; it would piss them off, as it should.

JCBlazersGirl33, I'll give you a little credit. I think you have some class. You mailed Clutch to check out the scene before coming here. Your first pro-Pippen post was innocuous enough, and you went to the correct forum, instead of going straight to our biggest board and starting a thread titled "Thanks for Pippen Rocks fans" like some jerk did a week back. It would appear that you don't want to cause too much of a stir.

So, in the hopes that we can have some intelligent conversation/debate, (and we have had a few major class-act Portland fans post here) I'm going to appeal to your intelligence. Did you really, truly, honestly think that after chosing the name you have and coming to a Rockets forum to tell us that Pippen is okay, that it wouldn't piss us off even a little bit? Come on.

------------------
    The ninth pick in the NBA 2000 draft goes to... The Cleveland Cavaliers....not.

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Is HPD (High Plains Drifter) still around?

He is/was a pretty sharp, level-headed Portland fan.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I have to admit, I like the Blazers. I've liked them for years.

I just hate that b*stard Scottie Pippen. When he came here last year, I was excited about the basketball skills he brought to the table, but wary of what kind of person he was.

Hopes and expectations were high when last season started and every Rockets fan, from Les Alexander to the local bar flies knew that there would be an adjustment period. We all were willing and excited to see how the team would come together with Francis, Anderson, Pippen and Barkley, but Pippen didn't even give it a chance. He quit on the team that gave him the opportunity he wanted for years...to win without Michael Jordan and become the star of the team. The problem was he can't handle the pressure of being the centerpiece.

He went behind the Rockets organization and the fans and manipulated the situation to try and be traded to the Lakers. When it became clear to him and the Rockets that wasn't going to happen, Barkley, a personal friend of Pippen, as well as teammate Hakeem Olajuwon said that he should apoligize to the team and the fans of Houston for his actions.

Sounded like a very simple request coming from such a close personal friend and a teammate doesn't it?

Well that was too much to ask of Mr. Scottie Pippen, so he went public berating Barkley saying he "wouldn't apoligize to Barkley at gunpoint". He did not even dare to mention Hakeem though. Anyhow, Pippen got what he wanted....traded and a new start where he can fall back into the crowd and blend in.

JCBG33, you are welcome here. I don't have a problem with you coming here and making your opinion heard, but you went wrong when you repeatedly came back. You may not have made any racial or threatening attacks, but you knew what the outcome would be, so all I have to say is if you don't like what you're hearing...GO AWAY!

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!