1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mistake] Best Buy Selling 52" HDTV for $9.99

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by limedeal, Aug 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. limedeal

limedeal Member

2. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

I bought 3 as well, saw this as my friends Facebook status and new someone would have the link here as well, appreciate it man.
    What will happen if they find out about the price before they ship or now that we have already purchased it? Can they cancel it?

3. limedeal

limedeal Member

I'm positive but not 100% sure that they're obligated to give it to you for that price. However, I've noticed that now they've added a $70 delivery charge to those buying it now. I don't think that'll be added to those who ordered it before though.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Walmart does it all the time, you never get it for the botched price.

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I ordered 3 as well but I can't imagine that it will work out. Oh well, worth a try I guess.

7. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

is this for real? i want to order one but im not sure .....i dont to be billed 1000 something dollars ...

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I ordered a couple. Then after I got my confirmation e-mail, I hit up the website's Conditions of Use policy.

It states that Best Buy has the right to change or void the purchase if there is a mistake, even after you have submitted your order! :eek:

That would suck, but whats the worst that can happen if you order it? They refund your money. Win/Win situation! :D

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...D=cat00000&entryURLType=null&h=287#errorssite

10. limedeal

limedeal Member

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ol...D=cat00000&entryURLType=null&h=287#errorssite

Now we'll just have to see if they honor this, which they probably will because of all the money they'd be losing.

11. theogcasey

Exactly... No big deal.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Best case scenario is people make a fuss and we get a $10 gift card or something.

13. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

....no!!!!! i just ordered one.....................

it was to good to be true i guess.....so now what?

am i gonna get billed 1000 something dollars? :eek:

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

from my understanding, if people don't go overboard on it, the more likely (although slim in the first place) it will be overlooked, once they notice someone is buying 4 HDTVs, then thats when the obvious mistake is found....

went ahead and ordered it anyway :)

15. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

im keeping my fingers crossed.....

16. theogcasey

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think you guys aer the ones that got screwed over lol. This is free PR for them and they can cancel all the orders based on store policy.

For them, worst case scenario is that they screwed up a decimal point. But that is definitely outweighed by how much mention it has gotten!

18. mic

mic Contributing Member

Um, this won't be overlooked (not to rain on anyone's parade). It's all over SlickDeals, FatWallet, etc. It's worth a shot, but they have no obligation to honor price mistakes, and I highly doubt this will go through.

They have been known to issue $5-$10 gift certificates for such mistakes in the past, though.

19. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

according to contract law we have here...that ad is only an invitation to treat...which means that when you 'buy' it at 9.99...you are the one offering to buy it at that price...they have a right to refuse...which i'm sure is what they will do when they find out their mistake...

even if they do choose to accept your offer to buy it at the incredible price...the contract has to be reasonable from an objective perspective...which it is obviously not

i really do hope it works out for you guys...but don't act outraged if they screw you over...

20. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

They won't honor this. This is a company that calls the cops on people trying to get a price match by bringing in competitors ads. This is a company that has an intranet site that is IDENTICAL to their web site that they bring up in the store to show customers 'hey, you're wrong, I'm looking at the price right here'.

I hope people get away with it, but it won't happen. Screw best buy.