1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Minor League Open Thread: 4/19/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Apr 18, 2013.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Since today is an Astros off day, I think it would be appropriate if there was an open thread to discuss minor league game action, as all the affiliates are in action tonight.

To prevent the thread from being cluttered (not like this section of the board gets much traffic anyway), I'll only post Open Threads on Astros off days. Depending on how this goes, though, I'll make it a daily thread and the general minor league thread will be for news and recaps.

So.... here goes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Oklahoma City vs. Round Rock

Oklahoma City and Round Rock will be playing a doubleheader tonight with Game 1 beginning at 4:30, and Game 2 starting 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.

The probable matchup in Game 1, according to the Redhawks' game notes, is Jarred Cosart against Randy Wells. Travis Blackley is beginning his rehab assignment tonight, and will start Game 2 against Richard Bleier.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Corpus Christi vs. Frisco

The Hooks return home for a quick pit stop as they host the Roughriders for 4 beginning tonight at 7:05. Jake Buchanan and Carlos Quevedo will be tonight's pairing for Corpus. Opposing them for Frisco will be Neil Ramirez.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lancaster vs. Bakersfield

The JetHawks welcome the Blaze to The Hangar for a 4 game set, with the first pitch being tonight at 7 Pacific. The team of Chris Devenski and Brady Rodgers will face Jake Johnson.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Quad Cities @ Kane County

The River Bandits return to suburban Chicago, where they had a 4-game sweep of the Cougars in the opening series of the season. This marks the first leg of a 6-game roadtrip. First pitch tonight is scheduled for 6:30, with Colton Cain and Mike Hauschild teaming up to take on Lendy Castillo, who was a Rule 5 draft pick of the Cubs last season. He lasted the year, but it was apparently obvious that he was far from being ready. First pitch is at 6:30.

Here is the post in the Minor League thread with the audio links to all affiliates.

2. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

I'd put the chances of the Quad Cities game happening tonight at very, very slim. We've had bad storms for the past couple days, leading to lots of flash flooding in the area. Storms are supposed to continue through tonight.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Che-Hsuan Lin's 2-run single in the 2nd gave OKC the lead in game 1. Travis Blackley is on the mound right now.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Ariel Ovando has just hit his first home run of the season. The 3-run shot was part of a 5-run outburst in the top of the 2nd for Quad Cities.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/qcriverbandits">qcriverbandits</a> lineup at @<a href="https://twitter.com/kccougars">kccougars</a>: Hernandez-8 Correa-6 Elkins-4 Davidson-DH Wierzbicki-3 Ruiz-5 Pena-2 Ovando-9 Joyce-7 Cain/Hauschild-1</p>&mdash; QC River Bandits (@QCRiverBandits) <a href="https://twitter.com/QCRiverBandits/status/325017285028892672">April 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Corpus lineup vs. Frisco

1. Austin Wates, LF
    2. Jio Mier, SS
    3. George Springer, CF
    4. Michael Burgess, DH
    5. Jonathan Meyer, 3B
    6. Drew Muren, RF
    7. Enrique Hernandez, 2B
    8. Rene Garcia, C
    9. Rafael Valenzuela, 1B

Starters: Jake Buchanan and Carlos Quevedo

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Well, Jonathan Villar went 3-3 with an RBI double and scored twice in game 1 of OKC's doubleheader with the former AAA club.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was just going to say that.

Good to see his bat get on track.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

OKC lineup for game 2 vs. Round Rock

1. Robbie Grossman, CF
    2. Jake Elmore, 3B
    3. Trevor Crowe, LF
    4. Marc Krauss, 1B
    5. Jimmy Paredes, RF
    6. Che-Hsuan Lin, DH
    7. Jonathan Villar, SS
    8. Andy Simunic, 2B
    9. Jason Jaramillo, C

Starter: Rudy Owens

8. Mashing

Mashing Member

tellitlikeitis, I appreciate the effort but I do not think there is enough posters on this forum to sustain a thread like this.

I really enjoy reading your recaps though, so keep up the good work. Hopefully you get recognized for it one day (I wonder if Clutch could put in a good word for you somewhere?)

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You mean like all of the quality threads in the game forum? Nothing wrong with having a thread dedicated to the farm system on a night when the Astros are off.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Well, it was worth a shot.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I personally like the thread even if it is just to read.

12. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

If tellitlikeitis is writing it, I am reading it. This is someone that puts thought into posts, and even if you don't think it deserves it's own thread, it isn't written to just fill up space. I enjoyed the insight.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To me he is the most respected and informed poster with respect to the Astros' farm system. I enjoy reading everything he writes.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I agree ... 100%

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Terrell Joyce RBI double with 1 out in the 10th breaks an 8-8 tie between Quad Cities and Kane County. John Neely looking to close it out.

16. boozle222

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Um... not really. Take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I've never seen a Minor League game before. I've been itching to see a Hooks game for a while, though.

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I do appreciate the compliments. Just don't take what I say at face value, is all I'm saying.

19. boozle222

Haha just havin some fun. And I know that you are posting summaries and stats, but the effort and presentation is appreciated.

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Ha. I gotcha.

Corpus and Frisco are currently embroiled in an extra-inning affair.