1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milwaukee Bucks Summer 2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, May 27, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

And you say only CF is negative :D

D-rock likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

lol realllyy?
    Bucks fans have to be abused and tortured to the extreme to even dare to disagree with anything.

I was thinking about it yesterday actually.

Rockets fans here at least, are so much more informed and don't suffer with an inferiority complex that compells them to agree with what managment is doing.

Imagine the Bucks fans had to suffer 3 years under Kidd before they even dared to say that he has to be fired. :rolleyes:
    Here in Greece we would have grabbed our pitchforks from the first year.
    CF would start a fire Kidd thread the second he was hired.

There were fans who felt compelled to support :
    Knight being a blind pg
    then Kidd trading off 2 picks to grab off a almost retired Vasquez
    Giving up a lottery pick for MCW
    etc etc
    Now they are supporting the Brogdon trade because " he didn't like the city of Miwaukee anyway!"
    I'm telling you, they are such blind sheep it is ridiculous.

cheke64, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is so bad about giving Thanasis a look and a chance?

D-rock likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

He doesnt deserve it.
    The last roster spot should be reserved either to absorb an extra player in a 2 for 1 future Ersan trade or to pick up a talent from G-League on a cheap contract.
    This move can only end bad and not good. What if he has to be traded away or released? Or are the Bucks going to have him in the roster for the next 10 years? No matter what, Giannis will be pissed of.

But most important of all, which a Bucks fan should be able to understand by now, is that it shows desperation anxiety and fear that they will lose him.
    Instead of that they could have paid the luxury tax to keep Brogdon and be the overwhelming favourite to make the finals.

Nothing beats winning. All other teams that have tried to hire player brothers to keep them have failed and have ended up souring their relationship with them. You don't mix business with family.

D-rock and da_juice like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where do you see Giannis going if he leaves?

It's not like he is an LA boy or Knicks/Nets fan.......he has no allegiance to a city. Other than Mil. in Wisconsin.

Does he like super friend teams? Go team Lebron?

Robin and Brook Lopez like to disagree haha. Family matters.

You said yourself Malcolm Brogdom was a little too selfish in the end.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I see him going to the team that gives him the best opportunity to win.
    In 2 years the Bucks will still be paying two 33 y.o Lopez, a 36 y.o George Hill, a almost 30 y.o Middleton. If in the meantime they haven't made the finals or won then he is gone. IMO.
    He may have bonded with Milwaukee but his no.1 priority is to get a ring not to be a lifelong cheesehead.

Brogdon had his flaws and I personally didn't like him but when you are in a desperate win now mode, you don't give him away for low picks and replace him with a washed up Wes Matthews.

Now if those trash picks turn by a miracle into a starting caliber playmaking wing that's another story.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

I may sound harsh but I'm being objective. Every fanbase has its bad and good and I'm far from perfect either.

But the Bucks fans phobia to challenge the managment of the team, stemming from 3 decades of treadmilling is obvious. They have learned to be fine with just "okay". When you have an MVP in your team just being okay is not enough. You have either to contend and demand from the FO to be the best, or you lose him for nothing.

As more and more analysts will be trying to throw oil in the fire, and start rumours about him leaving, the fanbase better wake up to the reality that a supermax counts for nothing anymore.

steddinotayto and da_juice like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sounds a lot like us. does MIL at least have an independent & critical newspaper, or is that like us too?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I braced myself for the ultimate exodus - like Splash Mountain Lopez leaves, Middleton leaves but Brogdon stays.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Nope.
    Only two bootlicking beat writers who didn't even realise that the whole lockeroom was about to kill the coach two seasons ago.
    Or that Larry Sanders quit bball to smoke pot.
    Or that Kidd got fired in the morning practise.
    Basically the whole arena could be on fire and they wouldn't write about it unless .."approved".

Now lately the ESPN has put on Malika Andrews over from the Bulls beat and she started asking tougher questions which pissed everyone off.

D-rock, Game7 and pippendagimp like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hahahahhaaa

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really enjoy reading @malakas' view on the Bucks. She has a different perspective as a Rockets & Bucks fan that doesn't live in either city. So that detachment allows a more measured view.

D-rock, daywalker02, malakas and 2 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Future Buck?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lost Brogdon & Snell but the Bucks had a good summer.

Re-signed Khris Middleton (5/178)
    Re-signed Brook Lopez (4/52)
    Re-signed George Hill (3/29)
    Signed Wesley Matthews (min)
    Signed Robin Lopez (2/9.8)
    Signed Kyle Korver (min)
    Signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo
    Signed Cameron Reynolds(2-way)
    Signed Frank Mason III(2-way)
    Traded Tony Snell for Jon Leuer(waived)
    Traded Malcolm Brogdon for a 1st

BOBBY! :mad:;)

Nook, D-rock, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Korver and Matthews are washed and way worse than Brogdon, it's not even close...Robin is a pretty great backup at center though, that's for sure, but overall i don't think they're better than a year ago, unless Giannis comes out with an improved outside shot, that would change a lot of things for them.

And i'm curious to see Hill, last time he got paid he stopped playing before he suddenly remembered how to play in his contract year...i don't know, but let's see how that turns out.

D-rock, xaos and malakas like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks like the Bucks GM decided to sign some players! Good work, Horst!

Nook and J.R. like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

if it's between the corpse of Kyle Korver or J.R Smith throwing soups at coaches, I will take the geriatric option every time.
    Well at least there will be some eye candy.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have to laugh about it, the Zombie version of Ashton Kutcher.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly still can't believe that the Bucks knew what was coming this summer and they decided to extend Bledsoe + give George Hill $10m/year instead of retaining Brogdon.

Bucks did a great job patching up the loss. Wonderful job mitigating the loss.

Like the Rockets last summer, the narrative is developed to distract from the fact that they didn't improve. Like the Rockets, everything sits on one player's shoulders again. Unlike the Rockets, that player - Giannis - actually has a fundamental area he can improve that could have exponential benefits. If Giannis can hit 35% of his 3's, they will have improved.

Still, they would have been better with Brogdon imo.