1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miller for the Wizard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ace, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Bskball.com reports:

08/23-THE "WIZARD" FOR BIG BRAD?- Reports from the Houston area say the Rockets have had introductory discussions with the Charlotte Hornets about a sign and trade deal for Brad Miller. The Rockets may be looking to part with Walt Williams according to an informed source near the team, but acknowledged that Bryce Drew is likely the name mentioned first. The deal in part would send out a Rocket player and use the trade exception the Rockets hold worth roughly $4.8 million to land Miller in Houston. The Rockets are going to get more aggressive in their trade talks as the exception expires at the end of this month according to the Houston Rockets. The Hornets have basically given Brad the cold shoulder and have not even had serious talks with him about re-signing with the team. They have made it clear to his agent and the media that they intended to match any contract offer given to him, up to 6 years if necessary, making him impossible to sign for an exception, with Chicago looking to leverage the majority of its remaining capspace on Glen Rice, there may not be enough to pay Miller. Brad left a Chicago offer of $25 million over 5 years on the table, its unlikely he wants to be a Bull, unless now its desperation.

I seriouly am against this deal. I really like Walt. I do. I used to be for a trade and still am, but not for Brad Miller. I would surely package Walt for a solid starter, but Brad is a good role player at best.

------------------
    Nederland 2002 Qualifying Campaign (Damn those penalties!!!)

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more! :)

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Brad Miller played in the shadow of Coleman and Campbell and Mason last season - although I don't think he will be a star, at least he'll be the type of roleplayer that is not targetted as a weak link.

------------------

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Although I am a big Wizard fan, I CAN see a defninite upside to losing him this season. But for Brad Miller? Am I the only one who thinks that Wizard's stats were a little less impressive than the player himself? Not to say that Wiz had a good year by any stretch, but losing him for Brad Miller is not a good idea, IMHO.

------------------
    Jazzkiller