1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Quinn 1st Texan QB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mr_gootan, Dec 20, 2001.

1. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Heard over the grapevine that former SFA QB will be signed by the Texans around the 27th.
    He was a backup in Dallas and Miami. Supposedly he's 100%, but we shall see.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are you sure its not Johnathan Quinn who played with the Jaguars in the past?

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

4. Band Geek Mobster

I guess Thurman Thomas is next on the list...:rolleyes:

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My mistake J. Quinn played college ball in Tennessee.

How about bringing back Warren Moon?

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Thomas and Moon... If you said that 5 years ago I would be Jumping up in the air.. but now.. :(

By the way, Anyone heard rumors that Troy Aikman wants to come back next year? If so, you think the texans will knock his head err knock on his door. :p

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

if they do, i'll immeadiately begin counting down the days until they bolt for tennessee.

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

It's not really a rumor that Troy Aikman wants to come back to the NFL next year. He's said as much. He didn't want to be out of football this season.

I seriously doubt that the Texans would give him a look, though.

As for Mike Quinn, if the Texans do sign him, he's just a training camp body. They've got a lot of spots to fill. I know nobody in the Texans organization is looking at him as the franchise QB. Probably not even looking at him as the veteran starter to take the hits while the o-line gels and the QB of the future learns the NFL game.

At best, he'd be the first season backup/third stringer. He might not even make it through camp.

It's not as if there would be a whole lot of good players available to sign during the season. But they do need bodies to fill out the training camp roster.

9. Old School

Old School Member

Screw that...I say we draft Vincent Young straight outta high school.

os